How to get into diagnostic(test) mode with navigation system. (2007/2008 only)

:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
I know this is available elsewhere, but I post the procedure here so that
people can find it easily.

Prerequisites: 2007/2008 with navigation system

1) power on (no need to start engine)
2) wait for navigation screen to come on
3) press "Agree" software button
4) press "MENU" hardware button on the left side
5) press "VV" down arrow software button on the bottom-left to show "Navigation Setup" button
6) press "Navigation Setup" software button
7) press "Calibration" software button
8) press "Map Version" software button
9) press top-left corner on the screen twice (not button, on empty space), press bottom-left corner twice
<screen changes into diagnostic mode>
10) You can explore here or press the "MENU" software button on the bottom-right for more choices

To get back to normal navigation, you must power off.

Note: you can do this after engine is started (says, at red light), but you won't be able to get back to
normal navigation unless you power off the vehicle. So, keep that in mind.

AFAIK, this procedure no longer works for 2009+ model.

The diagnostic mode is listed in WorkShop manual. This is meant
for mechanic to do preliminary check w/o using computers. However, it is understandable that
auto-makers really don't like this to be known to the public. Therefore, they change the procedure from
one model year to another. With my wife's Prius (also has navigation from DENSO), it is possible to
override the navigation speed-lockout in diagnostic mode. This is not possible with CX9's. Too bad.

Well, enjoy and be safe.
If people who have similar procedure for 2009+ models, please post them here to share.

Last edited:
Thanks Ceric....I tried this out and it worked perfectly. I was the one that posted AT light on. No error code showed and I also haven't had any issues since that one time. My other vehicle is an Avalanche that has shown odd warning lights a few times and after shutting the vehicle down the computer reset itself and no abnormalties showed. I am hoping this is the case here as we love our CX-9. I'll continue to monitor and take it in if it happens again before the 60,000 drivetrain warranty expires.

works thanks..

Try it and it work great thanks. Post some pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 443
Back