Product Release! CorkSport Mazdaspeed Shifter Bushings and Short Shift Plate

Gwynne_

CorkSport is pleased to announce a new product line designed at enhancing shifting and providing positive gear changes on Mazdaspeed vehicles. Our new line-up includes the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushing Kit and the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 Short Shift Plate.

PR1.jpg

An easy upgrade that will eliminate side to side compliance and remove the slack on your shifter, the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushing Kit replaces the rubber OEM shifter bushings with aluminum black anodized shifter bushings. By replacing the factory rubber bushings, which have a tendency to deteriorate and fall apart, with CorkSport shifter bushings, customers will see a noticeable difference in the way the car drives and improved shift responsiveness that will last for years to come.

The new CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushings are CAD designed and machined for exacting fitment and are made from billet aluminum for a long lasting durable finish. The shifter bushing kit comes with a two year warranty and easy to follow installation instructions for a quick simple upgrade that will dramatically improve youre vehicles shifting responsiveness.

PR2.jpg

CorkSports Mazdaspeed Adjustable Short Shift Plate will further improve the shifter performance by adding precision and reducing the throw of your shifting while keeping the height of your OEM shifter unchanged.

The CorkSport Mazdaspeed Short Shift Plate is made from CNC Machined Steel Plate with a powder coated black finish. The adjustable setting allows drivers to customize the throw to their liking by a 20% to 40% reduction. The kit comes with a counterweight included for added responsiveness and self locking bolts for an easy installation that will take a mere 15-20 minutes to complete.

Both parts are priced competitively at $39 for the CorkSport Shifter Bushing Kit and $69 for the CorkSport Mazdaspeed Short Shift Plate and are available for purchase at www.CorkSport.com

We are not currently working on one for the Mazda2. Since release there has been other interested customers in a 5speed version. We are having a product development meeting next week to discuss all of the recent product ideas that have been submitted. If you would like to submit one, I can bring up the idea during the meeting! http://www.corksport.com/product-ideas.html

Just to update, I installed both of these.

I like the shifter bushings, you can feel a big difference, this was expected so I am happy here.

The shift plate is a great idea, I like that it shortens the throw without shortening the height of the shifter unlike most other short shifters. It does throw the positioning of the gears off slightly but this was also expected as the geometry is changing.
However I am slightly disappointed with the adjustability issues, I'm not sure why you guys would bother giving the amount of range if was not useable on these transmissions. I can't go past the halfway point without having issues going into second gear. I understand if your idea was to give the users a certain amount of adjustability but perhaps it was more than the car could use.

So far I am satisfied with the tighter feeling it provides and I would recommend it even with the minor problems.

Just to update, I installed both of these.

I like the shifter bushings, you can feel a big difference, this was expected so I am happy here.

The shift plate is a great idea, I like that it shortens the throw without shortening the height of the shifter unlike most other short shifters. It does throw the positioning of the gears off slightly but this was also expected as the geometry is changing.
However I am slightly disappointed with the adjustability issues, I'm not sure why you guys would bother giving the amount of range if was not useable on these transmissions. I can't go past the halfway point without having issues going into second gear. I understand if your idea was to give the users a certain amount of adjustability but perhaps it was more than the car could use.

So far I am satisfied with the tighter feeling it provides and I would recommend it even with the minor problems.

Thanks for the feedback @DynoBunny. We completely agree that it didn't make sense to provide more adjustability than the car could comfortably bear so we did a design update on the short shift plate. It now only offers adjustability up to 32% to avoid any rubbing on the shift cable.

g.gif

So after about a year my linkage is popping off of this more and more. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I called Corksport and they told me to rotate the ball 1/4 turn, did this and still pops off, now in third, usually it was just to 5th/6th.

Also I have it installed with as long a throw as possible, if I move it to shorten it up it gets way worse.

So after about a year my linkage is popping off of this more and more. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I called Corksport and they told me to rotate the ball 1/4 turn, did this and still pops off, now in third, usually it was just to 5th/6th.

Also I have it installed with as long a throw as possible, if I move it to shorten it up it gets way worse.

Sounds like something is going on there,

Submit a trouble ticket on our webpage so we can get an engineer to take a look.

http://support.corksport.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

-Derrick

Will do, I've taken it off for now. With just the corksport shifter bushings and weight on the stock plate it feels really good, even though the throw is longer.

Back