ATP GT3071 Bolt-on, CP-E TIP, CP-E Catback, TWM STS, ...

EDIT 01/24/2012: Turbo sold. Make me offers on the Catback and STS!

CPE Catback - this has an ultra-quiet Vibrant resonator test-fitted & professionally welded in by a very legit custom car builder local to the DC area (have documentation, if you want it). The Vibrant is a straight-through design, so it won't impact performance at all, but perfects the exhaust volume. $390 plus shipping from 22209

TWM STS and solid shifter bushings - not much to say here. Awesome & proven unit in perfect condition. The bushings complete the kit. $200 shipped

IMG_1379.JPG

Pretty resonator & welds courtesy of Piper Motosports..
IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

Last edited:
As long as you are taking picutres of the CBE for Talon2nr if you could post them here with the proper signage as well that'd be awesome ;) Don't forget a quick snap of the STS while you've got the camera out too!

Thanks (2thumbs)

PMs replied to.

Sorry guys! I'll get exhaust pics up this weekend. As far as the STS, I have both the regular TWM STS and full replacement, I'm trying to decide which one to sell. I'll let you all know what I decide asap. If you're interested in one over the other, feel free to sway my decision.

Vinay

interested in twm sts and full replacement depending on prices with the shipping thanks. you can PM

Any reason why you pulled the turbo after 7K?

Also, you can get a new one for not much more than what your asking.

Any reason why you pulled the turbo after 7K?

Also, you can get a new one for not much more than what your asking.

I pulled this turbo after only 7k because I got a GTX 3071. I love, love, love the GT that I'm selling. No problems with it whatsoever. Fantastic spool (better than the GTX), great power. Only reason I switched is because I have the mod bug ;)

I priced this at a like new price because it's like new. The price is pretty consistent with what I've seen these turbos going for (usually in worse condition/higher mileage) on various forums.

Another thing to consider is that the IWG on my turbo is professionally ported to achieve perfect boost control. It is very well known that ATP is wildly inconsistent from the factory with their IWG ports on their turbos. This was a 3 iteration port, where he took the exhaust housing off, lightly ported the IWG, reinstalled it on the car, tested the car, rinse & repeat. Many people end up over-porting the IWG, which leads to erratic boost spiking which is very difficult to tune out (or don't port at all, which more often than not, will leave you with a turbo that boost creeps). It took meticulous effort that was time and cost intensive to get this turbo running perfectly...but it runs perfectly.

Rich, you have a PM.

Thanks for the explanation. I saw that ATP recently released the GTX compressor. Do you have a IWG or EWG set-up now?

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. I saw that ATP recently released the GTX turbine. Do you have it with an IWG set-up or do you have to run an EWG and a v-band DP?
No problem, Rich.

I am running the GTX with IWG as well. I can't yet comment on how effective the IWG is because I haven't been able to spend any time with the tune (or drive the car for that matter) since installing the turbo. Others who are running it are experiencing massive creep (up to 22psi, iirc). One guy I am thinking of in particular has a 4" MAF though, which would contribute to drawing out the inadequacies of the turbo's IWG.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you can get the bolt on GTX yet......

Are you running MBC or EBC?

I thought the Gtx u just got is supposed to spool quicker than the regular gt3076?
Is the 3076 the newer version or older version , when did u buy it?

I'm confused. Where is the gt3076 mentioned in this thread? The turbo for sale is the gt3071 and he replaced it with a gtX3071 which has a re-designed compressor.......

Yhea I'm sorry I meant the Gtx 3071 is supposed to flow better & spool quicker
than the regular gt 3071 .
Thanks hard to type & post correctly on these smart phones.

Ahh, thanks for clarifying...

vbt will have to answer that one for ya.

Back