Melting Coils enigne will not start??? help!

RyanGL

:
2007 cx9
I have 2007 touring cx-9 it has 62k miles. I went to start it the other day and it wouldnt start. its turning over like it wants to start. it has good compression on all cyd. its geting fire and fuel. no codes r pulling up. so i was checking some fuses when i noticed some light smoke coming from one of the coils. i touched it and it was super hot!! This was it center plug on the front of the motor the one to the left was cool the one to the right was super hot too. i unpluged both coils and the battery. the coils in the back seem to be fine too. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ONLY ELSE??? I VE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE ON ANY CAR.. ANY IN PUT WILL HELP THANKS!!

i would have it taken to the dealership. have it towed in... sounds very serious... do not start or run the car. you could damage the wiring harness or pcm...

I have a similar problem with #6 coil. Basically, the problem is the PCM is commanding the coil to fire continuously.

This just in...

Bulletin 01-026/11

Taken directly from the tsb:

"ENGINE ROUGH IDLE AND MIL ON WITH DTC P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356

Some vehicles may experience a rough idle and MIL illumination with one or more of DTCS P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356 stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. In some cases, ignition coil (IC) damage may be found.

This repair will be covered under Mazda's Emission Warranty (96 month / 80,000 miles)."

I had the same issue. I had a coil pack thet pretty much melted and cracked. It also fried the PCM! Sent the PCM to Circuitboardmedics.com and replaced the coil pack and worked great. Do not replace the coil pack and run it with repairing the PCM or it will cause the new coil pack to fail. The PCM tells it to fire constantly and melt!

The guys at Circuitboardmedics.com were great even when it failed the second time in 2 months!!!

Back