visiongt9506's build thread

visiongt9506

:
2002 protege5
hello everyone, i have been in search for a protege5 for along time now and recently came across one that was a trade in at my work. I picked her up for cheap cheap but i needs a little TLC. only paid $1300 with 166K on it, well now the built thread will start....

the 1st day i seen it

IMG00298-20110706-1445.jpg

this is the worse of my worries about the car

IMG00299-20110706-1446.jpg

then the next day i bought it and cleaned it up a bit

IMG00301-20110707-1721.jpg

then i ordered up a 03.5 speed protege lip through work the other day and put it on this morning before work

IMG00309-20110713-1340.jpg

IMG00311-20110716-0746.jpg

my buddy gave me some ground control sleeves that were for a ford probe but the dont fit.. no now i have some for some BC coil haha more pics will be coming very soon

Regarding the worst of your worries, I hope u can get away without replacing the quarter panel. They're expensive from junkyard and even more expensive to replace. I did mine this spring due to a slight accident near the doorjamb and it was smth like $700 parts $1500 labor & paint & other stuff. But it was a lot more work than you'd need. I failed to find a yard that would just cut the exact piece I needed. Oh and I also wanted to replace the rust galore at the fender so they ended up replacing 70% of the rear right quarter panel.

But if you have a buddy at the shop and access to cheaper junk yards and some time (which I didn't have) you could go way lower I'd guess.

ya i actually have have a buddy that has his own body shop and he was telling me that is wasnt to bad and he would fix it for me... so im just crossing my fingers haha

Where did u get that lip? It looks brand new outta the box, the deletes are still in plastic (i think).

Looks like you got a good deal, damage aside.
Any big plans? :D

Please use proper grammar. Its painful to read otherwise tbh.

Like the front bar. Any plans for the engine?

Where did u get that lip? It looks brand new outta the box, the deletes are still in plastic (i think).

Looks like you got a good deal, damage aside.
Any big plans? :D

i work at a mazda dealership in the parts department so i just looked to see if there was any available and there was so i ordered it up. as far as plans, i also ordered up a wrx lip and im in search for wheels now and saving for BC coils. the only engine plans are headers, everything else is stayin stock.. MAYBE a racingbeat exhaust not sure yet

You're going to have to get yourself a Short Ram Intake, Or Cold Air Intake. I have one, and it gives better throttle response and also makes the car sound better, more muscley :p

lol na i had my fun days with performance mods on my other cars... im just ganna do a K&N drop in thats all.

can anyone give me a few good websites for parts... im ganna be looking for a short throw shifter soon and suspension as well

Last edited:
Protege garage is a good site, they seem to have great products for good prices, eBay too as dumb as that sounds lol

Sounds good... Fedex just dropped off my wrx lip at work. I need to reshape it and then it will be installed tomorrow... Pics soon

i got the speed lip and wrx lip installed and the car is on the road now, and today i had some free time during work and decided to put in my WINK mirror. i will post some pics in the morning

Thanks. I have a catalog, but there is zero illustrations in it.
Just scooped the last one in Canada. lol

I just started a similar project for myself this week.

Warren

Latest posts

Back