Corksport RX-8 4-Point Strut Tower Bar

RenesisKing

That thing got a hemi??
:
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
I have a slight issue with your strut tower bar. This would be perfect for me to have the only issue is with a coilover set up it is impossible to get at the adjustment knob with it. Is there any loss of structural integrity if I were to drill out the strut top covers on your strut bar so I can get my hand down in there to adjust it? Idk if you designed them to fit a certain type of coilover system or not so I'm not sure, but my Stance coilovers are adjustable from the top only so its the only way I can get at them. I was wondering if it will be ok if I cut a hole similar to what the Autoexe front strut bar has without losing rigidity as your bar is Aluminum as opposed to the steel that the Autoexe bar uses. Or, if there is any solid strut bar that you are developing that resolves this issue, how long I'd have to wait for it? I prefer the solid for the functionality as I don't care about the colorful JDM show pieces.

You should be fine drilling the hole out larger. Try to leave around 3/4 inch of material if you have to go pretty large on the hole size.

-Derrick

Ok, thanks. Is there anyway you could give me the diameter of the covering part and the thickness of the cylinder walls?

The top of the brace is at an angle so it is 4 x 3.5 inches. The aluminum is 5mm thick.

-Derrick

Back