rear engine mount?

Why?

Why? Is your car a stick and making a hellacious banging noise against the floor/firewall whenever you try to back up on any sort of grade?

Mine is. It's already been back to the dealer who can find nothing wrong except that "the mount is very soft." That, and the brilliant advice to "not back up on a hill."
Umm, I bought the car with a certain reasonable expectation here of being able to drive it forward and backwards.

The dealer was good about it and the invoice said that they called Mazda Technical Support but were given no direction from them. A call is in to Mazda Consumer Affairs, no response yet.

i just want stiffer, since the engine goes back and forth at times and saps power

Yeah, Mazda definitely went too soft on the rear mount. When I'm in 3rd or 4th gear stuck behind someone, and they either turn off or I get a chance to go around, as soon as I get on it the car lurches really bad (almost like a misfire). But if i get on it steady from launch to 5th, I don't really feel it, which to me is the sure sign of a completely benign motor mount.

Back