Think the Fiesta suspension parts will fit??

So far we have found the front coil spring diameters are different between the 2 and the Fiesta. We haven't had a chance to look at other parts yet to see if there are more surprises. That kit should work though since it includes the struts which would match the springs.

-Derrick

I have a Fiesta front sway bar in my garage which is (supposedly) a bigger diameter than the M2. As soon as the snow melts, I'll see if it'll swap in. I may also need to get the bushings and brackets.

That is a great price for struts and springs. My only concern is what Ford's concept of a "Handling Package" is.

It would also be good to know what the spring rates are.

Derrick, could Corksport measure the spring rates for the various springs and suspension kits?

FOMOCO part numbers on the rear drums? I thought that the Fiesta and M2 had different bolt patterns and those parts wouldn't interchange? That was based on earlyinfo though.......

John

Last edited:
RE: FOMOCO part numbers on rear drums..... check out my DIY: Rear Eibach springs thread, rear drums have the "FoMoCo" cast in the drums along with P/N's on rubber bushings >>

M2reardrum.jpg

Most of the parts in there have ford on them from what I have seen while working on the 2.

-Derrick

Interesting. Somewhere along the way, a Ford representative was quoted as saying only four parts were identical between the two.

But, how many are interchangeable and how can we benefit?

John

Just because they're FoMoCo parts doesn't mean they're Fiesta parts :) They do only share a couple parts, the rest of them just came from the generic Ford parts grab-bin like an old Jag!

So far we have found the front coil spring diameters are different between the 2 and the Fiesta. We haven't had a chance to look at other parts yet to see if there are more surprises. That kit should work though since it includes the struts which would match the springs.

-Derrick

What about that triangular, 3-bolt strut piece that interfaces with the strut tower. If the spring diameter is too large for the stock strut, wouldn't it be a problem on the top end as well.

Looks like the same Bilstein coilovers fit the Mazda2 and Fiesta, so above Fiesta kit should fit.....

Performance Suspension System

Part Number: 47-167490
MSRP: $1100.00
Old Part Number: F4-HE5-G749-H0

Setting: B14 Perf Susp Sys (PSS)

The Bilstein B14 PSS kit features both coilover and standard monotube gas shocks with performance-level valving, with application specific, progressive rate coil springs. The solid aluminum spring seat and lock nut allows for precise adjustment of the vehicle's lowered ride height from 30mm to 50mm, even while installed. Bilstein's patented Triple-C-Technology coating ensures long-lasting resistance to corrosion. This kit is ideal for the driver looking to set a car's ride height for both looks and improved handling.

Drive Type: FWD
Position: Front and Rear
Quantity Per Vehicle: 1

add.png
View Vehicle Applications

FORD

2011 FORD FIESTA SE 1.6L L4
2011 FORD FIESTA S 1.6L L4
2011 FORD FIESTA SEL 1.6L L4
2011 FORD FIESTA SES 1.6L L4

MAZDA

2011 MAZDA 2 SPORT 1.5L L4
2011 MAZDA 2 TOURING 1.5L L4

I wonder how much of a drop the Ford Racing fiesta handling pack would give you. Probably not much as the fiesta weighs more than the 2.

No specs on the springs except 'drop' (on a Fiesta). No height adjustment. No shock adjustment and they probably can't be re-built.

If it wasn't for Ford's tradition of building top notch domestic small cars with excellent handling characteristics, I'd be concerned.......

With that suspension, the Fiesta might handle as well as an M2 does now (maybe not, depending upon front to rear spring ratio).......... At that price (which is good) you could get a set of top notch springs and a Corksport rear torsion bar. Then put in a set of Koni's when available.

John

Back