PCM Failed

LakeSpeed6

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6
Hi, I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT. I was having my cousin put in a remote start in the car, he has done about 700-1000 remote starts so he isn't clueless. He was putting in a bypass for the proxy key as well. After the install the car wouldn't start at all. He and his boss went over the install the next day and couldn't find anything. Thinking the car had lost the key codes I had the car trailered to the local Mazda dealer.
They decided to remove everything electrical out of the car, claiming it could have faulted the PCM. They even wanted to pull my bass knob which runs to my after market amp since the didn't know what it did.
After all this they "tested" the PCM and told me that it was fried along with the factory alarm, and the proxy key sensors.
Is it even possible that a short in the remote start could cause all this, without any fuses going or anything???
They are saying it will be $2300 or more to replace these parts.
If there is no other option can a used PCM be used on the car and does anyone have one?
Please help!

If you were working on the car with the battery connected I believe its possible.. Or there was a sudden shock to the system

I think your dealer are idiots. You buddy probably disconnected the key sensor and dumped all the OEM key codes. Tell the dealer to simply call Mazda, get the OEM key code # and reprogram the ECU manually for the keys. THEN forget the remote start s*** and get off your ass and go out and start the car.

If the dealer looks at you with that dumbassed stare and tells you they can't do that, then go to another dealer or tell them to get you the damn code # and you can reprogram it yourself if you have the OEM service manual....

F*******************k...I wanted to get a remote start installed....now, not so much.

Update. Took the dealer 5 weeks of me without a car for them to find that there was a bent pin that collapsed the connector. They had to replace the fried PCM and the coil that got tapped into for the remote starter as well. After 5 weeks the bill came to $2800 and I still have no remote start. Also they cracked the front bumper by parking in a snow pile, scratched the roof by putting a laptop on it, and got grease all over the white leather. If my cousin didn't bend a pin when installing the remote start this would have been fine. So just be careful with the connectors if you do decide to put a remote start in.

Two things...

Is your cousin going to reimburse some of that money? I know I definitely would be asking for a bit of compensation for that.

Did Mazda charge you for their mistakes?

Yes my cousin paid for half of it. He was doing it as a favor so I couldn't let him pay for the entire bill, although he did offer.
And Mazda buffed out the scratches, but stated the bumper wasn't their fault. They had also not attached the glove box correctly and the intercooler, so the engine was only peaking at 10psi, so when I brought it back for them to fix that they said they would detail the interior. Not only did they not detail the interior, they didn't fix the glove box and only half fixed the intercooler.

Back