Corksport TMIC!

04gixx6

:
2006 MS6
Looks like Corksport may have just one upped CP-E. Introductory rate of $299 with a $50 deposit to lock in that price. A few things I like is the options to retain the factory shroud or to get the or pay a little more for their shroud. And I like that the mounting screws aren't going through the endtanks like the CP-E. The only difference is the thickness, 3" for the Corksport, 3.25" for the CP-E. I think the differences will be negligible. I'm no expert though!
http://www.corksport.com/corksport-mazdaspeed-top-mount-intercooler.html

I just checked out the link and it sounds like a good deal. I would like to see some before and after dyno results though before I throw down the cash for one. What do you guys think?

I purchased the cpe tmic thursday because it seemed to be a great deal...however...i have no intentions of installing until spring..looks like a quality piece...but what do i know....once the weather warms i'll install it and see how it goes...i will say retaining the stock cover is a def++++ aesthetic wise but in the end...if you have to go the dealer for warranty work you're still gonna have to swap out....i'm gonna swap out if i have to

How much power do you typically gain from replacing the stock TMIC with an aftermarket TMIC such as the Corksport?

I have read a gain of 10-20 depending on existing mods on your car. The thing is the intercooler would really help us in the summer and help curv boost when we gas it. Shoot the main reason why im getting a aftermarket is for cooling efficiency.

By the way thank you 04gixx6. I will be pre-ordering a unit tomorrow =).

Not much really, unless you tune for it. The big deal about upgraded intercoolers is to get as good or better cooling, WITHOUT the pressure losses (2-3psi) associated with the restrictive OEM TMIC. You won't get more boost with an upgraded IC, but you will work the turbo less at the same power levels which means you can up the boost without working the turbo or IC too hard. There are NO negatives associated with an IC upgrade....

IMO, the area to look at in an upgraded TMIC is the transition from the IC into the cold pipe. This is an area than can hurt airflow and ultimately cost a few MAX hp.

I have read a gain of 10-20 depending on existing mods on your car. The thing is the intercooler would really help us in the summer and help curv boost when we gas it. Shoot the main reason why im getting a aftermarket is for cooling efficiency.

By the way thank you 04gixx6. I will be pre-ordering a unit tomorrow =).

Welcome!! I saw it and was like damn that would be nice, but being currently unemployed doesn't work :(

OP, thanks for the link as i was unaware. I would switch to the corksport simply based on the fact the factory shroud can be used. The ets shroud does not cover all the ugly wires around the HPFP. The stock shroud just looks better on there imho.

I may plunk down the deposit and sale the ETS. All for looks too. What a shame.

Man so awesome.. I already have the ets But I love how the Corksport looks and the color of the intercooler. I want to see one with the plate they have for it.
yea I just saw CPE came out with one too. If I get another one I will end up getting the corksport..

Back