Can someone revise my map and see whats wrong?

avillamarin

:
Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Hi,

I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT with Cobb AP, Cobb Turbo Inlet and SU TMIC with SU intercooler Tubes.

Driving normal is good but if i go WOT when i shift gears it hold back and then it pulls, it start happened once I installed the turbo inlet and TMIC.

I have no clue of how to read the log.

THANKS!

Attachments

• datalogNewstuff.xls
    106 KB · Views: 150
I felt the same thing happen. There was some lag with the stock setup too but it was not as noticeable.

Enable WOT shifting if you want to get that as you will not need to wait as long to build boost.

Edit, looked at the log. All seems fine.
you build 20psi of boost according to your map sensor at under 3000rpm, thats quite a bit. That worrys me so i keep low rpm boost to whatever the car will run with a open wastegate. which is aroud 10-13 lbs depending on rpm's.
But at that 20 or so psi your at about 11.7-12.06 afr but its hard to tell whats gonna happen because the timing is still in the negatives/retarded just approaching positive/advanced.

Everything semed like its alright.
You might wanna take the car up above 3500 rpm's for a log just so your not only able to look at a 1-2 second clip with only 2-3 good data points.

Last edited:
take some shorter logs of pulls in 2nd / 3rd / 4rth.

Will make it easier to look at. Take it easy on the gas at low rpm's too. Be careful because that is how people blow their motors. They load new maps in the AP + punch it hard = game over. You shouldn't be getting anywhere near WOT until at least 3200. Higher in higher gears. Ease into the throttle and take some logs. Once your happy with the logs then you can be more aggressive.

Map doesn't look too bad but then again its hard to say with only those few data points. Still a bit lean and boost is a touch high but thats generally what happens with stock maps + TMIC.

Easiest way to save your motor.

Find the Waste Gate Duty Cycle table, for everything under 3500 rpm's put a big fat 0 where the high numbers are.
Thats what i did.
I build up to 12 psi max under 3500 rpm. It starts much much lower and slowly builds.

I am running the Stage1 +SF tune on the car. I forgot to add that I have a MSCAI, Turbosmart Dual port along with the SU TMIC and Cobb Turbo Inlet. i am waiting for my denso 22. i read i should gap them between .22-.28

Latest posts

Back