Suspension options?

There are a few options out there. We just received the Bilstein coilovers into stock, they sell for $960 for the set.

-Derrick

I have looked at the KONI and Bilstein - Onlinecatalogue. They have no single shocks available. So i can say that there are no good german shocks available. ^^

KONI is working on a replacement part for the car now (I have a well placed friend in corporate there) who I've been hounding since I bought the car:

Anonymous KONI source said:
Actually, I have been pushing the Dutch on the Mazda2/Ford Fiasco application. They say driving development is done but the strut has a lot of stamped brackets on it so they are in the slow stamping and tooling acquisition stages on it. The rear shock is a simple easy-peasy unit to make but the front strut has spring perch, sway bar bracket, and several otehr things and that is the real sourcing b**** for making full struts. I'll be in Holland next week and will keep pushing them on that car. That is an application that I want to get to the market ASAP.

KONI is working on a replacement part for the car now (I have a well placed friend in corporate there) who I've been hounding since I bought the car:

I just read the latest issue of GRM (The Mazda 2 and the Honda Fit are playing B-Spec racers at T-Hill) and they alluded to some Bilstein PSS package. Would the KONI stuff be a competitor to that app.?

Both Bilstein and KONI are high quality. Some KONI shocks are adjustable but I believe that the Bilsteins are not (self-adjusting to some extent).

The referenced Bilstein PSS is a coilover. H&R makes a quality coilover also. (Shocks not adjustable???)

There are lowering springs from H&R, Eibach, and B&G. Probably some Japanese suppliers also. Spring rates are all unknown (at least to me).

So far there are lots of not known's<LOL> The suspension manufacturers are reluctant to publish spring rates. So much for educating consumers....

I'm looking forward to the B-Spec rules being published in the near future. A friend of mine is considering building up an M2 for B-Spec and that may be all we need to know.

John

Last edited:
I just read the latest issue of GRM (The Mazda 2 and the Honda Fit are playing B-Spec racers at T-Hill) and they alluded to some Bilstein PSS package. Would the KONI stuff be a competitor to that app.?

The Bilstein kit is what we offer for the Mazda 2. It is a really nice setup.

ask protephile. He has some good deals on some B&G Springs along with Ebaich and H&Rs. B&Gs he has on sale now for less than 200.

Back