Corksport, tell me about your wheel spacers!

DaleNixon

:
2001 Miata, 2011 Mazda 2
So I read in the Corksport blog that you guys went with wheel spacers on the stock Mazda 2 touring wheels as quoted here:

After some measuring and consulting the H&R catalog we opted for the 25mm wheel spacers. This would put the wheels 25mm further out from the hub which the wheel bolts to. The H&R Trak+ spacers are a hub centric design which means they have the same shape of the wheels and the inside and they carry over the correct shape for the stock wheels to bolt to. This is important to make sure the loads transmitted to the hub from the wheel do not put the load on the wheel studs alone.

I have 15x6" Miata wheels on my car that are a +40 offset. I believe the stock Mazda 2 wheels are +45 offset.

Are the spacers you purchased available in 20mm?

What exact spacers did you order to have a hub centric design? How do I go about getting my own set?

Will using 20-25mm spacers cause any damage to the wheel studs or wheel bearings?

Are there any negatives (driving dynamics, premature wear of parts, etc.) that I should be aware of if I decide to go with spacers?

I'm looking forward to your input. Thanks!

Are the stock wheel studs long enough to allow 25mm spacers and permit sufficient thread engagement, or are you using aftermarket studs?

<---- hoping to find a use for the pile of leftover ARP studs from the race kaa

Looks like the H&R's bolt to your existing wheel studs and have their own studs for your wheel to mount up to. That's a pretty slick design. Hopefully Corksport or someone will chime in with some feedback to my questions.

Okey i try to answer ;). I have the 40mm and 50mm wheelspacers from H&R. 40mm front, 50mm rear with the 16" Mazda-Whells (+50mm offset i think). So i have +25mm offset rear and and +30mm offset front. The H&R wheelspacers has seperat wheel studs. That mean: you bolt on the wheelspacer on the original stuts and than you bolt on the wheels on the stuts of the wheelspacer.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you know what i wanna say. ^^

I am running the 25mm per side spacers right now but I will be taking them off shortly for the installation of the new wheels.. They should work great with the miata wheels.

DaleNixon let me know if you are interested in them.

-Derrick

I am interested. Your 25mm spacers would turn my +40 offset Miata wheels in to 15x6 +15! Would that be too aggressive? Would it be safe? I drive on some pretty crappy roads.

Back