Wanted - 18 in CX-9 Wheels - Possible Trade for my 20 in.

Cassie

:
CX-9 Touring
Love my CX-9 Grand Touring

I'd like to switch from my current 20 in to 18 in wheels.

Any 18 in wheels for sale/trade?

Whose having good luck w the best tires for Northern Minnesota snow country?

Michelin LTX MS-2 working well?

Thanks

Do you have AWD? If not try these before getting rid of the 20's
They worked great on a friends car with 20's in big snow.

BTW: Pay no attention to the bad reviews made by people with the Dodge Ram Pick-ups. They are in denial that their Rams pick-ups are junk. :p

Last edited:
Hey Plat:

Yes it's AWD, sorry for the slow response..been a bit busy.

Not used goodyears in a while but will check'em out.

Also looking @ Yokohama Parada-X which seem to be written up as a good choice for snow.

Thanks

Hi Cassie,

Seeing as you from Northern Minnesota, which probably gets a good dumping of snow during the winter months. I would opt for getting a good set of snow tires as opposed to an all-season tire (even as good as the Parada-X are). Popular choice is the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. I myself have ordered the DM-V1 with a size of 235/65R18.

Duluth? Snow tires for sure. Don't even waste your time with all season tires up there in the winter!!

Wheels and tires will run about $1200 but well worth it. These are 18" Blizzak DMV1. Throw the 20s back on in the spring.

receipts009-1.jpg

receipts010.jpg

receipts011.jpg

receipts012.jpg

receipts013.jpg

receipts014.jpg

original 20s

cx9044.jpg

cx9045.jpg

I was looking at this set at tirerack last year. It looks great on your blue mica (I have the same CX9 as yours, same color too). I ended up buying a used set of 18" from another CX9 owner and mounted the DMV1 on the 18". Well worth the effort. It is unstoppable, rides great in the slush and deep snow.

I was looking at this set at tirerack last year. It looks great on your blue mica (I have the same CX9 as yours, same color too). I ended up buying a used set of 18" from another CX9 owner and mounted the DMV1 on the 18". Well worth the effort. It is unstoppable, rides great in the slush and deep snow.

We got a mid April snowfall of about 9". I took the Blizzaks off the week before because temps were getting near 70. My wife couldn't believe the difference between the Blizzaks and the 20" Duellers.

I bought a set of the Blizzaks and wheels about 2 years ago and I swap them in and out with my 20's and they're a great tire. I haven't had to use them too much where I am but the few times I've been in snow they've performed flawlessly.

But I second the comment about how amazing it is when you switch back to the 20's just how much better handling the car is. To be expected sure, but it's still eye opening.

Yeah, if I lived anywhere in MN, I would deffinately have a reserve winter wheel and tire setup, likely would have 18/60 or 17/65 tires mounted on either some sort of steel wheels or cheap aluminum wheels. Easy to swap em' once a year.

If you still need a winter setup let me know. I know too late for this year but if you need it for next year it may work out well. I am selling my Momo 19" rims with Pirelli Scorpion Snow and Ice tires. The tires have about 10k on them and show about zero wear. Tire pressure sensors are mounted as well and also includes the lock lugs and key. I bought this setup from Discount Tire for about $1600 and just moved outside Phoenix and no longer need the setup. Would like to get about $1000.

Not sure if you are still looking to trade, but I have a set of mint 18s w/ 13k miles that I would be willing to trade for your 20s.

Back