CPE FMIC installation trouble. Help me get this done today please !!

coyfish

I haven't installed anything yet. Just took bumper / TMIC off. This is th 1st pipe...

The instructions state to "install" the pipe with the bov flange on it, with the expanded (longer) side facing the throttle body. That makes sense.

My question is how do you attatch that pipe to the throttle body? Do you use the stock tubing or remove it?

I am pretty confused as they show no pictures of how it is connected nor do they mention the use of any tubing.

thx for any help. Need to get this done today.

If you are referring to hard piping (aluminum), there should be some silicone couplers that came with it to install on throttle body. If they are missing, then you can usually find some at most speed shops.

Yeah none of the couplers even fit on the throttle body. Unless you are supposed to shave them way down which doesn't even make sense. Now that I think of it the 06/07 models have different boost tubes. I think the shape of the cold / hot pipes are different. That is probably why this isn't working . . .

Did you buy it new or used? If used it could be missing the coupler. If new everything should be there. It should be the 3"-2.5" coupler, if i remember correctly.

Did you buy it new or used? If used it could be missing the coupler. If new everything should be there. It should be the 3"-2.5" coupler, if i remember correctly.

No it will be a 2.75" silicone coupler. I had that same issue with my FMIC build and found that the 2.75" one fit so much better. It should be a silicone coupler that reduces from 2.75" to 2.5" for the aluminum tubing to fit into.

Thanks for the responses guys. The problem was the coupler from the throttle to the aluminum pipe with bov flange. I have an 07 and the kit / instructions were meant for the 06. Luckily I managed to find a silicone coupler so that problem has been solved.

Right now the only issue remaining is the recirculation tube. The provided one is so incredibly narrow and the instructions say to grind it out. I would basically have to grind out 3/4 of the thickness of the tube to make it fit. Makes no sense. Im going to see if I can find one at home depot or something. The stocker is about 1/2 an inch too short. Annoying .. .

These things annoy me so much. Little things that take so much time and can be completely avoided. I spent over two hours staring at the instructions wondering why things were not working. CPE is a great company and they did a lot of research on their kit yet they can't provide a set of decent instructions or bother to mention anything about the difference between 06/07 models. Also some of the pictures were reversed (images mirrored) because of how they print . . . just adds to the confusion.

Couldn't find a how - to on installing a FMIC on the speed 6 so maybe ill take some pics and do a basic one. Once you figure out the problem it seems so simple but maybe I can save others the hassle.

Edit: And also one more point to mention (for others). The kit didn't fit with my injen CAI (check my for sale thread). The instructions say it fits with the mazdaspeed CAI intake but I guess the injen is just slightly larger.

Last edited:
Well glad you got it on..

Yea this is the reason I did not go Front mount and just got the upgraded Top mount.. I dont want to make more than 350hp no point in a front mount

Thanks. Unfortunately it is still not on. Friend is going to help me on wednesday.

Warranty is up and I got a good deal on it. I live in FL too so the only reason not to do it was the install. But you are right nothing beats the convenience of the TMIC. I have realized that all too well now. This morning I literally threw my stock recirc hose across my driveway.

Hi Coyfish,

How did you go with your install?

I live in Australia and have recently purchased the FMIC Kit and its just arrived.

I to have a 06 MPS and I too do not have a Silicone Coupler to connect the aluminum pipe with the bov flange on it to the Throttle body.

What did you end up using?

Can you please, please post some pic's of the install if you have any.

Thanks...

Back