CorkSport Mazda2 Torsion Bar is now available

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
We are happy to announce the release of the CorkSport Rear Torsion Bar for the Mazda 2. The bar is $99 and is a bolt in upgrade to lower the body roll, much like a rear swaybar does. Link to the Torsion Bar. I have had one installed on my 2 for several months now and it makes for a better handling Mazda 2.

Mazda-2-torsion-bar.jpg

-Derrick

Wow. I totally missed that you guys released this. How are things going with the front strut-tower brace? I heard you were going to be releasing one that allows the brake reservoir to stay in the same place.

Is there any performance difference between this rear torsion bar and the one by AutoExec offered by Corksport as well?

I tried installing but it the torsion bar seems to be too short by a millimeter or two. I can't get the other bolt through. Would it matter if it wasn't jack up all off the ground?

Last edited:
It shouldn't matter unless you are jacking up one side of the torsion beam and not the other.

-Derrick

I tried installing but it the torsion bar seems to be too short by a millimeter or two. I can't get the other bolt through. Would it matter if it wasn't jack up all off the ground?

I know what you're talking about, you just gotta fiddle with it until it seats both sides in. Don't panic though, it will fit. Take your time.. have patience.

I spent an hour last night trying to get it, again I only had it jacked up in the back in the center behin the bar, tires not aff the ground again. Tomorrow (Thursday) I'm gonna go use my friend hydraulic jack and two jack stands. I'm hoping that the weight on the back beam is just giving it enough flex that it's causeing offset. Hopefully jacking it up will take that weight off the back beam, unbending it per-say. Got my fingers crossed.

Can someone explain what th rear torsion bar does being bolted onto the rear axel? Just would like a real good solid answer.

I spent an hour last night trying to get it, again I only had it jacked up in the back in the center behin the bar, tires not aff the ground again. Tomorrow (Thursday) I'm gonna go use my friend hydraulic jack and two jack stands. I'm hoping that the weight on the back beam is just giving it enough flex that it's causeing offset. Hopefully jacking it up will take that weight off the back beam, unbending it per-say. Got my fingers crossed.

Can someone explain what th rear torsion bar does being bolted onto the rear axel? Just would like a real good solid answer.

The bar we offer stiffens up the torsion beam rear end to limit some of the twisting motion when cornering. If you need any help when you are under there give us a call 360-260-2675

-Derrick

Installed mine last week. Fantastic product. Quality bar and beefy hardware. The included lag bolts are the exact diameter of the bar end holes so fitment is tight/super snug. I got one side on easily and used a rubber mallet (on the bar) and hammer (on the bolt head) to tap the other side together enough to get the nut started. Easier to do the tapping on the passenger side as there is more room over the beam. Still a super quick install.

I noticed a dramatic reduction in body roll, so handling is significantly improved (even more than I expected!). Bumps do feel a little harsher which I was not really expecting. Haven't had the chance yet to test behavior at the limit, unfortunately. Current suspension setup before this was only racing beat springs. Can't wait to get the front bar installed. Amazing value if you get the front and rear combo....especially if you already have some corksport points.

Latest posts

Back