Toyo Observe Open Country G-02 Plus

OMF

:
2007 CX-9 GT AWD
Quite pricey (CAD 1,680+TAX installed - no TPM), but decided to go for Toyo Observe Open Country G-02 Plus mounted on 18" alloy wheels. So far I am very satisfied with its performance. Any experience with its tread wear characteristics?

I've got these on stock rims, absolutely amazing performance in Calgary winter. Says you're from Ontario, how's the roads? We just got a fresh dump yesterday night. As far as tread wear, I've only had the vehicle for less than a month so I could not comment, but as far as I know, the winter tires have a "softer" compound so if you're in below zero weather...I'm sure the tread wouldn't wear out as fast. GO Minus 30-40 Canadian WINTERS!!!!

I've got these on stock rims, absolutely amazing performance in Calgary winter. Says you're from Ontario, how's the roads? We just got a fresh dump yesterday night. As far as tread wear, I've only had the vehicle for less than a month so I could not comment, but as far as I know, the winter tires have a "softer" compound so if you're in below zero weather...I'm sure the tread wouldn't wear out as fast. GO Minus 30-40 Canadian WINTERS!!!!

Softer compounds are better in cold weather but do wear much faster that's why they aren't all season tires.

You should be able to get 4-5 winters' worth of driving from dedicated winter tires.

Softer compounds are better in cold weather but do wear much faster that's why they aren't all season tires.

You should be able to get 4-5 winters' worth of driving from dedicated winter tires.

That's AWESOME! Thanks for the information! As long as these tires aren't used in above say...5-10 Celsius I should be golden? The winters in Calgary are usually very cold, the temps stay around -10C to -20C.

That's AWESOME! Thanks for the information! As long as these tires aren't used in above say...5-10 Celsius I should be golden? The winters in Calgary are usually very cold, the temps stay around -10C to -20C.

What I do is leave my winter tires on until temps stay above freezing on a regular basis. In Wisconsin, that is usually near the end of March. Even if snows comes after that, it usually is of the slushy variety which isn't the worst to drive on with all season tires.

Back