Mazdaspeed CAI and Corksport TIP fitment issues.

zoomzoomMSP

Contributor
:
2003.5 MSP
So i went to install the Corksport TIP i bought off of a forum member to replace the stock TIP only to find that the intake side of the TIP to be a much smaller dia. than my Mazdaspeed CAI connector fitting. did i end up buying the wrong TIP? is there a reducer fitting that i need and im missing? or do i need to get a different TIP to match up with my CAI? any help would be great guys. thanks

I had the same problem with mine but i have the AEM cai(same as mazdaspeed) and i have the protage garage tip.I just tightened the s*** out of the clamp witch i replaced with t-bolt. works fine no leaks.

i was gonna go that route, and just tighten the crap out of it........ but i felt as if there would be just to much differenence to make up and i would end up with a kink in the rubber coupler and have a leak. so i decided not to.

ok, so i got the corksport TIP to fit. tight fit and not a great mount up to the MS CAI. but i think everything is all good. time to go for a drive.

You should have taken it to a exhaust shop and had the metal expanded. I would assume its already pretty think walled but thats the route I will go.

Back