CorkSport Mazda 2 Short Ram Intake

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
We are happy to announce the release of our CorkSport Mazda 2 Short Ram Intake. The intake is available now and sells for $169.

The kit includes a multi-layer silicone connector, billet CNC machined MAF housing, and K&N air filter. The silicone connector is available in Black, Red, and Blue.

Mazda-2-intake-Mz2-6-117-33100.jpg

Mazda-2-intake-Mz2-6-117-32100.jpg

Mazda-2-intake-Mz2-6-117-31100.jpg

Feel free to post up any questions about the kit

-Derrick

Here are the dyno sheets showing the peak HP and Torque.

CorkSport-Mazda-2-intake-dyno-2.jpg

CorkSport-Mazda-2-intake-dyno-1.jpg

-Derrick

Looks great....time to upgrade. Any need or future option for a heat shield around the air filter?

If the intake sells decent enough we will look at an heat shield or an airbox for the intake.

-Derrick

I just e-mailed you guys last night about this, and today in my inbox a release! I'm stoked! This will be on my order list very soon!

Ordered! Any chance of getting a look at the instructions for the Mazda 2 version?

Thanks for getting this out so quickly, CorkSport! I can't wait to install it!

Last edited:
The cold air in an interesting idea. Would people be interested in an add on option which would place the filter lower in the engine bay?

-Derrick

Yes!

And I second the request for a view of the instructions... There's a link on the website, but no instructions there!

The cold air in an interesting idea. Would people be interested in an add on option which would place the filter lower in the engine bay?

-Derrick

Our IT guy is trying to the link fixed for them. The should be working tomorrow.

-Derrick

Installed Picture. Yes I know the MAF is not plugged in :) I took the picture from our installation instructions.

CorkSport-Mazda-2-Intake-Installed.jpg

-Derrick

I should be getting mine tonight. That filter sits right up against the battery box eh? Not too big of a deal. Props on supplying such nice clamps!

Just installed mine today. Final pic:

232323232%7Ffp63389%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3359%3C93%3A76344nu0mrj

The filter did hit my + battery cable, I zip tied the cable to some other cables and it's ok now.

Silicone adapter boot installed on throttle body.

232323232%7Ffp633%3B3%3Enu%3D4789%3E872%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D3359%3C93%3A75344nu0mrj

It was difficult getting this on to the throttle body, so I removed the MAF and filter portion until this could be wrestled on.
One note: the plastic intake portion opening and "old" air port (that went to the rubber elbow that was removed) are left open. I took some PVC tape and sealed off these two openings (sloppy PVC tape and black wire tie in the background)

Mazda went to great lengths to quiet the engine noise. The OEM plastic intake area is huge....air travels thru the flexible intake then right to left across the first rectangle then back to the flat air filter, it then travels over towards the drivers side to enter the rubber elbow with MAF (which is removed in this install) and finally to the throttle body.

My first reaction went I took it out: I CAN HEAR THE ENGINE!! Definitely have some engine roar when you get on it...a nice performance exhaust will really compliment the intake and add some more HP. Patiently waiting for that option. (no grapefruit shooters please)

Last edited:
Yay for product development! Nice work corksport.

I would'nt mind a pic of the engine bay with this installed, and all those plastic covers off.

My first reaction went I took it out: I CAN HEAR THE ENGINE!! Definitely have some engine roar when you get on it...a nice performance exhaust will really compliment the intake and add some more HP. Patiently waiting for that option. (no grapefruit shooters please)

Awesome! I can't wait to install mine. So do you just leave the old filter in the engine cover sitting in there?

Yup... the ECU wiring/electronics are in the right rear portion of the giant plastic cover, otherwise you could pull everything off. I sealed off the inlet and exit openings.

Back