weird clicking noise on startup/first launch.

MazdaTwo

:
2011 Mazda 2 Sport (Black)
Hey, guys. I just picked up a black Mazda 2 on Monday. Something I've noticed is that whenever I first start the car, stick it in first gear and start to move, I hear a pretty substantial clicking/popping sound. After that it's fine and it doesn't do it after I've been idling for a while at a stop light... but If I stop the car, turn it off and then turn it back on... it does it again.

I don't know if it's the linkage or the steering column or what... but it's strange. It's obviously completely stock. Any thoughts?

I've noticed the same thing on my car....started after about 500 miles (now have 3K on it) I assume it's something with the electric steering. It appears to be only when the car is cold/sitting for a few hours.

I've noticed the same thing on my car....started after about 500 miles (now have 3K on it) I assume it's something with the electric steering. It appears to be only when the car is cold/sitting for a few hours.

Yeah, could be. I'm not too worried about it. Just wanted to see if it was specific to my car or what. Thanks for the input.

Are you sure its not the ABS running a check? Im pretty sure the system runs a check on its self each time after you start the car..

I ran into a weird problem when I had a nail in one of my tires. The pressure was a little lower but not enough to trigger the TPMS and when I first moved the 2 I was getting a clicking/weird feel through the chassis.

-Derrick

Back