u0121

ctaylor14

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 6
hey guys, didnt see this anywhere else, but ive got a CEL and my Aeroforce scan gauge tells me its a DTC U0121. i tried researching this to no avail. any ideas?

U0121 - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module,
This is from another mazda site.

Some people say this code can be tripped by the gauge/install from what i have read.

The gauge plugs straight to the OBDII. Bummer, thanks zinger002. Whats the site you found that on?

Last edited:
I have the same issue

Since buying my Aeroforce I have had this CEL come up every couple of months. I clear it and it stays away for a while. I have not had any other issues with my car and have used my ABS with much success (thankfully). It only comes back right after starting my car, never while driving.

I've researched this issue but have not found anything other then the fact that its a communication error. I wonder if other Aeroforce owners are having this problem.

From the toronto mazda 3 club.
it has been noted by several members that this code comes up after hooking up the gauge to the obd port.
If i can find the link i got that info from i will post it up, but my pc does not keep much for history over a day.

I lended My Scan Gauge 2 to a friend to clear a code and in turn it threw this code AND caused the ABS and Traction lights to come on, after a small headache Heres how we solved it:

1.Plug in OBDll

2.Clear Codes

3.Unplug IMEDIATLY right as Code Clears

4.Plug back in

That should fix the issue, It works like that for a Scan Gauge2, hopefully it will work for you aswell

I have had this experience before but it was U0155...I think it was miscommunication with instrument cluster...I plugged my scan gauge in while my car was running which was a big no no I didnt know at the time and I learned my lesson. Make sure your car is completely off before you plug things into your OBD Port.

I have had this experience before but it was U0155...I think it was miscommunication with instrument cluster...I plugged my scan gauge in while my car was running which was a big no no I didnt know at the time and I learned my lesson. Make sure your car is completely off before you plug things into your OBD Port.

This must be a Scan Gauge brand peculiar problem, because my ACT tool, my AccessPORT, my DashHawk, and my OBD-APEX have no issues with plugging in with engine running and/or ignition switch on. I switch the AP and DH on the fly to run data logs. Like I posted earlier, buy a better tool.

I agree with Forzda. Get something like the AP that not only logs real-time data, but can tune your car as well. Not much more money for so much more out of a product.

Back