blow off vavle???

driver_msp

:
mazdaspeed666
just instulled a greddy style bov. dident adjust it, sounds good at high boost but it makes a flurtter sound at low boost or zero vacume. should it sound like this. need help thax.

Is it in Recirc? Greddy style bovs dont seal well at idle at least they used not too. you probably will have to adjust it

yes! i adjusted it alittle, but if i tighten it more, at high boost it blows off then make a lite flutter sound. the only thing i like now is the car feels more violent between shifts and boost hold to 17lbs-18lbs almost to the redline with a spike of 20lbs.

yea...car runs fine just worried. dont wanna blow the engine. i find more out when i take it to the track.

i tryed it but the flutter nose at low blowoff seems to be the same at high boost it blows off then i can hear a lite flutter. think its compresser surge not sure. i might have change the spring. but works good at the lowest setting.

get a different valve, you say greddy style and not actual greddy so my guess is it's probably a cheap knock off?

fixed the problem. didnt know there was two spring inside the bov. took out the small one and left the big one. the bov sound good, just feel stupid for checking this first. was in a hurry to install it and hear it. everthing is A-ok.

HKS SSQV here...I'm probably one of the few running it VTA w/no issues. Mated that w/an ebay SRI for a reg 6.
F**k conformity & f**k yo couch!

So I have the rs. And at about mid boost(10psi) I get a flutter. When easing off the gas. Is that surge? Or just the bov? It's loud sometimes too.

WhyTF are you guys running crap BPVs? Put the stocker back on and buy some silly neons or some other s*** to play with.

should i not be running a bov? i know the rs is crap, from experience with the one i have on my 6 right now, so i should run the stocker??

YES, you should be running the stocker as it is absolutely the best performing BPV you can buy. I recommend you spend your money on something else. If you have a few $$$, then buy a "test" or race pipe to replace the second cat, then buy a Cobb SRI, TIP, & then when you have enough cash the Cobb AP to tune the thing for best power as is. This will keep the car reliable as a daily driver and bring enough performance to make the car even more fun to drive while heading to work, Wallys, or out to dinner....

^lol the stocker is the best BPV you can buy? i highly doubt that

That's because you just don't know WTF you're talking about on a Speed3/6. Understandable considering all the hype about BPV/BOVs over the years. The aftermarket knows how easy they are to replace and how ignorant the current generation of hotrodders are, so they make lots of money selling crap to the unsuspecting kids who have more money than knowledge. Then you have all sorts of problems like the OP. If you search around the Speed forums (not this one) you will find much more technical info concerning BPV/BOVs.

my current mods are: test pipe,3" cat back, PG sri+TIP, boost controller, atp boost cut defender, and greddy rs(recirc).. i need an AP but aint got a extra 600 floatin around,

Yep, sounds like you're ready for the AP for sure. You can get them for $549 from MAP through MSF.

That's because you just don't know WTF you're talking about on a Speed3/6. Understandable considering all the hype about BPV/BOVs over the years. The aftermarket knows how easy they are to replace and how ignorant the current generation of hotrodders are, so they make lots of money selling crap to the unsuspecting kids who have more money than knowledge. Then you have all sorts of problems like the OP. If you search around the Speed forums (not this one) you will find much more technical info concerning BPV/BOVs.

lol i dont have to know anything about the 2.3 DISI engine at all to know that nothing mazda makes is the "best you can buy"
all the aftermarket companies out there making s*** for these engines and your telling me that the OEM PLASTIC BPV is the best? no way...there is no way

ive read a few people saying there stock valve was leaking so they upgraded..which is really the only reason to upgrade, to hold higher boost levels
but i havent really seen too many people get crazy with the MS3/6's (ie: forged internals, bigger turbo) so i supposed the majority WOULD agree the stock is better at OEM boost level's since that's what the majority of people are running
the forge seems to have gotten good reviews though, whats your take on them?

Back