Help buying a mazda..please?

Striker14

Hello,
I am new to the idea of owning a car. I was wondering if you could help me with picking the type of car that would be best for me. I have been thinking about buying a mazda at the end of the 2010 summer. This would be my first car and idk which model i should get..right now i am contemplating getting either a 5-door 3 or a new 2. If anyone could help me and give me some pros and cons on both i would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
I am looking for it as a first car to help commute too and from college..it is about 45 mins away from my house..just incase i decide id like to go home to visit friends or something like that..basic transportation.

Get yourself a 2 unless you really need the extra cargo space or plan on driving three passengers around a lot.

I have been leading toward the 2
but......If i were wanting to have the space and or ability to bring friends along, what should i get?
and what gets the better milage?

How large are your friends? If you need the cargo capacity and the passenger space, the 3 hatch would be the one. The 2 gets better gas mileage than the 3.

If you have 4 people in the car at that weight you might feel a loss of power, especially if there are hills. Also I'm not sure a 5'10 person would be very comfortable in the back seat for 45 min. I think 30 minutes is doable, but anything longer than that might start to feel a bit uncomfortable. Your best bet is go for a test drive with your friends and compare both cars.

If I were you I would look at the engine size to determine what your MPG requirements are. If you are concerned about size or fitment, then I would steer clear of the Mazda 2. The 3 has quite a bit more room, and will not make your friends "suffer".
Keep in mind, that driving habits are what will determine MPG :)... i get 30 in my MS6

Thank you all for the help,

I have a lot to think about now and i will surely be posting on here when the time comes to show off my car. :)
cannot wait to get it now.

Latest posts

Back