Turn Clunk

MSBurger

Hey guys
I lowered my car by H&R and it looks nice.
But I get a clunk if I turn sharp when the car stands still or moves slow.
All the bolts are tight and it only happens on sharper turns.
What happens here??
Is it something drastic?

Haha man if we have the same problem maybe it's normal. But I read on the net most people say it's the bearing on top off the strut but I rode 5000km's without any probs like this

From what I can tell with the H&R springs the clunk is normal. I have about 1200 miles on our car with the springs installed and it has done it every day.

-Derrick

From what I can tell with the H&R springs the clunk is normal. I have about 1200 miles on our car with the springs installed and it has done it every day.

-Derrick

Any idea what is causing that with the springs? Just curious since this would be my first mod to a 2 if I got one.

The springs are shifting a bit. I normally hear it when I first move the car in the morning. I plan on taking a look at it the next time we have the car on the lift.

-Derrick

Last edited:
Would adding the AutoExe front sway bar (shortened) end links help?
The info. on the Corksport site says "The adjustable link is an item which allows the true stabilizer functionality to shine through by adjusting the link length when lowering your Mazda so that the arm angle of the stabilizer is kept at the appropriate setting."

Would adding the AutoExe front sway bar (shortened) end links help?
The info. on the Corksport site says "The adjustable link is an item which allows the true stabilizer functionality to shine through by adjusting the link length when lowering your Mazda so that the arm angle of the stabilizer is kept at the appropriate setting."

I will be checking out the end links when I get the car up on the lift. The other thing I will be looking at is the spring to strut meeting point to see if there is something I can do there.

-Derrick

Check to see if there are coil spring insulators on the H&R Springs. Mazda pretty much calls for them on the 6. They had a recall on them a few years ago with the early model 6 causing the same noise from factory after about 30k. They fixed it for the later models but after you replace the springs your going to have to upgrade your insulators. The best way to fix this would be to order coil spring insulators from Mazda. Part # GMY0-34-081 for the two large lower insulators, and Part number GMY1-34-081 for the small upper insulators.

Hope this helps.

The springs have the insulators installed on my 2. I am pretty sure the spring insulators for the Mazda 6 are going to be different that what the 2 uses.

-Derrick

My Eibach-springs wich where installed before my H&R-Springs doesnt make this klonk. Thats corious ...

Annndd, this is the reason why I didn't buy springs for my 2 yet, lol. I'm actually waiting for Eibach to come out with springs for the 2 and some feedback from other folks who install them before I buy.

Hmm, oddly enough, after checking Eibach's site, they already have a set for the 2 for about $270.00...interesting.

Last edited:
In the UK eibach is an optional extra since 2007, but the clunk is getting softer and the H&R drop is lower thats why I opted for this. The eibachs don't do this.

Hmm...I wish there was a video of this so called "clunk" noise so I could hear just how loud or annoying it is. It's good to hear that the Eibach springs were an optional add on. This makes me more apt to buy them.

Mine is very soft now and it's only on sharp right turns on uneven surface. But it's not something that you can hear if the radio is on. The handling is great though so it's worth the small clunk for me and it looks much better.

Back