High-pitched whirring sound modulated by engine speed

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature, Machine Grey Metallic
I've only had our 2010 Mazda CX-9 GT for about a month and I'm hearing a high-pitched whirring sound emanating from the bottom of the CX-9. It sounds like an electric motor. I cannot tell if it's from the engine, transmission or the wheels. The sound changes in pitch as the engine speed increases. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Last edited:
I have an '07 and have the same noise. I only notice it when the windows are down and I drive through an area with side walls. I believe it eminates from the transmission. I sort of sounds like an electric forklift. So far I have 51K on my 9.

I have an '07 and have the same noise. I only notice it when the windows are down and I drive through an area with side walls. I believe it eminates from the transmission. I sort of sounds like an electric forklift. So far I have 51K on my 9.

Thanks for your response. Have you ever pointed out the noise with the dealership you take the CX-9 for servicing?

Never reported it, was just waiting to see if something blew, but it has been consistent in performance even when I harsh on it on the autostrada.

Back