How to program auto un/lock

bellenwinni

:
2010 CX-9 AWD
I'm a new owner of a 2010 CX-9 GT and I'm trying to program this option. I'm not sure why Mazda didn't make this option as a standard feature. I recently had a Toyota Corrolla as a rental and it has this option, both un/lock feature. So my fiance called the dealership where we bought it from and one guy from the service department tells her it cannot be done. She tells him that she's read it on Mazda forum that other owners have been able to do this, he replies back with "let me do some research and call you back". This was 8hrs ago. Has anyone been told this?

Anyways back to my posting. Well... I've done the whole first part of the set up, but when it came down to choosing the option I don't know where to find the option to pick from. Please help!!!

Anyway to do it, so should work from outside?

?

The link above to the Mazdas 24/7 Forum (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-(speed-activated-or-gear-activated)-For-2010) is for auto locking for when the car is moving. Mine is set for when the car goes from P to D, and then unlocks from D to P; some prefer auto lock to come on when you start moving; some prefer auto unlock when you turn the car off.

None of these would work from outside. There are threads that allege that you can program auto locking when the car is off and you walk away from the car. I've never seen this, and personally, I would not want this feature. But if that's what you mean, you can find it on this forum if you search.

Back