Cobb DP w/ CS CBE or CS TBE?

sick_role

:
07 MS3
Looking at one of the two in subject.

What issues would I have with Cobb DP & CS CBE? What additional pieces would I need and would I have any fitment issues? I would want Hi-Flo Cats and if I went with the CS TBE, I would opt for the hi-flo option.

Secondly, what would be the benefits of a CS DP vs Cobb? I really like the CS TBE but I also really like the Cobb piece(s).

More of a general opinion post, I suppose but any verified benefits to one or the other would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Looking at one of the two in subject.

What issues would I have with Cobb DP & CS CBE? What additional pieces would I need and would I have any fitment issues? I would want Hi-Flo Cats and if I went with the CS TBE, I would opt for the hi-flo option.

Secondly, what would be the benefits of a CS DP vs Cobb? I really like the CS TBE but I also really like the Cobb piece(s).

More of a general opinion post, I suppose but any verified benefits to one or the other would be appreciated. Many thanks!

You can install the COBB downpipe with our CBE. You would just need both parts.

With our downpipe we decided to take a different path with design. Our TBE with the catalyst is $987. The COBB downpipe alone is $695 which is the majority of the cost of the CorkSport TBE.

-Derrick

Yes, Cobb pieces aren't cheap; that's for sure. The difference in design is really what I'm curious about. Benefits of the CS design over the Cobb or are they relatively equal regarding performance/reliability(of both car and DP)/effeciency...etc.

the CS TBE is really nice......itchy trigger finger...

If you ran both setups back to back the difference would probably be negligible.

-Derrick

Agreed. But I just love the smell of raw gasoline. :p
And the catless system is cheaper.
But definitely the full CS TBE in any configuration over the Cobb DP and CS CBE.

Corksport CBE - TBE? English anyone? Even went to the site and can't make heads or tails.

Sorry for the goofy post. Still trying to pick up on the "Army" lingo here.

Cbe is catback exhaust. Tbe is turboback exhaust. Each component of the exhaust is labeled according to the piece it replaces or when using the word "back" whichever the furthest upstream of the exhaust it replaces and then all the way back

Tbe would be a complete replacement of the exhaust from the turbo gas exit all the way to the output tip, and so on

Back