Hello from Germany

M2Tim

:
Mazda 2 Fit for Fun
Hy people.

I`m Tim from Germany. I drive the 2008 Mazda 2 edition "Fit4Fun". I`ve read a lot on this forum in the last weeks and so i go to register me here. My english is not the best but i think you know what i mean. :p
Here are some pics of my 2. Ive made some updates like the exhaust, H&R-Springs, H&R wheelspacer (40mm front, 50mm rear), gauges for oiltemp. and oilpressure and red light in the legroom. (some pics are not in good quality)

On the Track:

And my interior:

I would like to do some more specs but in germany many things are not allowed and so i cannot do all the things i wanna do ... (mad)

wow nice! welcome to m247.
much respect for what you have done with the 2 so far, and tracking it!!! very cool!!

Thanks for posting up. It is nice to see more Mazda 2s!

Derrick

H&R wheelspacer (40mm front, 50mm rear)

This is what I was looking for :D...

50mm at rear :D... it could be much smaller if Mazda put 16X7J rims, and not 16x6.5J :D...

No I know what to do.... :D... I was thinkig of only 20mm at rear, but when i see how 50 looks... that is a goal what I want :D...

These H&R spacers are with bolts on it, or?!?!?

Yes the original Rims have an offset (outset?) of 50. Thats horrible. I think its possible to use 60mm wheelsspacers but in germany thats not allowed. On the wheelspacers are new bots. :)
My nexts Rims will be 17" with an offset of 35 front and 25 rear and in Takata Green (Beatiful color for rims). But i dont think that I buy they next year.

An offset of (-)25 is brider (or wider) than an offset of (-)35 if I`m not mistaken ...

Why do you want to change the stock balance of front and rear track?Of course +25offset makes wider track than the +35 offset.

PS:I'm not sure if +25 offset with a 17x7 rim will be direct fit to the car.You may need fender rolling.But in my opinion you shouldn't mess with such things.Buy a 16x7 or 17x7 wheell with offset in the range of 35-45,but the same to all wheels.

For better performance I use 15x7 et37 wheels and the track has increased noticeably!

Ohhh now i know what you mean. I know that a wider rear track is worser for/on the racetrack but I dont drive so oft on a track (yesterday ;-)). Its just the better look of the car wich interest me. (naughty)

Ok,but try to use wheels with the same offset to the front and rear and ofcourse be sure that they will fit before you buy them because I think that a 17x7 wheel with et25 won't fit!!

Yeah i`ll see wich rims fit on the 2. I have see a lot of pics in this forum and japan. I love HellaFlish-Style.(naughty)

And again me, about wheelspacers..

What did you mean when you said 50mm at rear.... is it on each side 50mm, or is it combined, left and right side 25 + 25....

On my local forum they were amezed with lenght wheelspacer on such a small car, but someone told me that H&R marks their wheelspacers with combined lenght...

I mean 50mm at the rear axle -> 25mm per side and 40mm on the front axle -> 20mm per side.

I am running +25mm H&R spacers front and back on my 2 with the stock 15inch wheels. It makes noticable difference in styling.

-Derrick

It really looks ok with 25mm spacers, but I think i'll go with 20mm on rear, and 10mm on front...

I'll ask you again because I don't get it.Why do you want to change the front-rear track balance with using different spacers?
Why don't you just put the same spacers front and rear as Derrick did?

Hehe. Sleepless nights? I want to line up the wheels precisely with the fender. But thats just possible with brider spacers on the rear axle.
Perfect visuell effect is 60mm rear an 40mm-50mm front i think. ;-) 60mm on the rear axle are not allowed in germany and so i put 50mm on the axle.

Back