Speed6/Mazda6 SRI...

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
...are they interchangeable?
Looking at pics, the MAF screws/bolts into a similar location. Is this true?

I believe the silicone connector size at the throttle body from the Mazda 6 is larger than the TIP on the Speed6.

-Derrick

Derrick, if that is the only issue, what's to stop someone from getting a step down silicone piece to offset that?
& what is TIP (god, I'm such a newb to the Speeds)...I know its gonna be something I know as a different name...

The TIP is the turbo inlet pipe, an intermediate connection between the intake (stock box/SRI/CAI) and the turbo. Considering how finicky the engine management is on the Speed6, I doubt it would like anything that wasn't built specifically for it.

Do you have a line on an inexpensive SRI for a regular N/A 6?

-Jay

Yep, there's a local guy on base w/a 6 and he was getting rid of his...I was just curious whether I could skimp on the intake to save a few $.
But I'm trying to get a SRI from a MS6 on the forums...

Cool. Let me know if it falls through; I'm thinking about selling my Cobb/SU SRI.

-Jay

Just look at the engine layout and connection lengths...

visually it looks to me like they are not interchangeable.
simplest visual, google engine bay pics of MS6 and MZ6.

My only concern is the MAF section. If that is the same same size & in the same location, then you should be able to screw in the MAF and use a sri from a reg 6. I would keep the stock black "flex" plastic and use the rest of the kit from a 6. $30 is cheap. Even if it doesn't work, I'd still have the ms6 sri I am going to get.
reg 6:
442663_15_full.jpg

speed:
29984590010_large.jpg

I'm not looking @ the design...just the spot where the MAF screws into the intake. Looks like Mazda used the same design. In theory, wouldn't it work?

hmm the MAF mounting seems different sizes...
also keep in mind you are comparing CAI not SRI...

for SRI, i think as long as the MAFs are mounted at the same relative distance from the breather hose than it might work?

Back