Need help finding a flash tuner

bestbiker

:
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon
Or any computer tuner for that matter. I keep finding them for the speed 6 or for the 2.3 engine, but not mine!

2004 Mazda 6. NON turbo
3.0 Engine, slapshift auto transmission.

I want to be able to read the live data and custom tweak the maps. I know that the Cobb access port is perfect for this but they dont have one for my mazda :(

Ive searched a ton of websites and still no luck. If someone knows of a model that will work with my engine, but the manufacturer doesnt list it, share the info!!

Thanks in advance

There's nothing you can do to "tweak the maps" within the ECU. You can use a piggyback type interceptor (Xede, UniChip, etc.) to alter the MAF, Timing, etc. You can monitor live data with one of the older OBD scan-tools, but all the newer tools (Dashhawk, etc) are only for the OBD-CAN versions from 2005+. Your best bet is to buy a different car for mods and keep the 6s for a daily driver.

I was afraid of that, but every shop was like "oh so and so will have one for your car"

Thank you for clarifying. Now at least I know it would be almost a waste to do any "major" upgrades on the engine

Back