Click "feeling" with the brakes?

garoth77

:
2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Just bought a 2010 CX-9 Touring less than a month ago and now has about 1k miles on it. Soon after we brought it home I started feeling a "clicking" sensation when braking. No noise, just a feeling. Brakes work fine and there is no associated noise, but it's something I feel when you first step on the brake. Happens about 75% of the time when braking. My wife brought it back into Mazda a few weeks back and the tech felt the same thing. He went to 2-3 other CX-9s on the lot and said they all make the feeling too and that it must be just "how the CX-9 is". Seems sort of like a BS answer to me. This dealership just started selling Mazda earlier this year so I have a feeling this tech isn't up to speed on the CX-9. Anyone else feel this or know what the issue can be? I can't imagine that it is supposed to be like this when I've never felt this on any other car I've ever driven or owned.

I have the same problem and I went through the whole nine yards with complaints to the MAZDA headquarter and went through 3 different dealers. Basically the dealers said there is nothing wrong and no effect to the safety. The Mazda HQ said they trust the dealer therefore nothing can be done if no safety issue related.

But com'on, the brake feeling is so bad (two stage, click, then actual brake) that no other cars I have driven like this. Even after I own the car for almost 1.5 years... If you find a solution or Mazda provides you one, please let me know.

Back