Mazdaspeed 3 skidplate

Jacob_

We just built a prototype skidplate for the 2010 MS3 (should fit Mazda 3's as well). As you can see in the pictures, it has a removable oil filter hole with a cutout to get to the drainplug as well. The pictures show it installed with an AutoExe bumper, but we have also fit it with the stock bumper to ensure it will fit both factory and aftermarket bumpers.

It is made from a one-piece sheet aluminum design (2 piece if you consider the oil filter hole cover). It bolts to factory mounting locations and would come with all the needed installation hardware. If this is something people would be interested in, we would be able to have it for sale within the month for a target price of $269. This price would include everything needed for installation as well as step by step installation instructions and telephone support.

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

We have already done the R&D, design, development and testing of this skidplate. If this is something you are interested in, please post, so we know people are interested.

Thanks,
Jake
CorkSport Product Development Engineer

We have finished up the measurements for a 04-09 models.

-Derrick

When we have a bit more information for the 1st gen models we will get something posted up.

-Derrick

This may seem like a silly question, but how about explaining the purpose of this? Benefits over the stock plastic splash guard we already have?

What i'd be interested in, is a plate to block off the underneath of the rear of the car, something to keep the air from pooling inside the rear bumper...

This may seem like a silly question, but how about explaining the purpose of this? Benefits over the stock plastic splash guard we already have?

What i'd be interested in, is a plate to block off the underneath of the rear of the car, something to keep the air from pooling inside the rear bumper...

Still no response to this question....

Still no response to this question....
Some guys don't seem to like plastic or their plastic shield fails, a handy removable cover under the filter? Looks cool when you're under the car or deflects crap better than plastic? Seriously though People seem to have issues with the stock piece in other forums and want a sturdier replacement.
If you're interested in going supercar style and getting the full aerodynamic thing going on under the car you might want to think custom work. I will guess many people will be deterred by the price and potential amount of work that would come with stream lining the underside all the way back or simply under the rear sub frame to bumper.

Mazda says the hatch and the sedan uses the same under tray.

-Derrick

Sorry for the late response to the question.

The skidplate gives more ground clearance over the stock undertray for lowered cars. It also gives much more protection to the oil pan over the stock plastic tray. I'm originally from MN so I can personally say that every car I have owned has had the undertray ripped off from snowbanks and driving in the snow. The skidplate would eliminate this issue by giving more ground clearance and having a smoother/stronger skidplate for the snow to deflect off of. Not that many people will use this option, but it's just something I always think about coming from an area with lots of snow.

It also has a one-piece design that keeps everything tight, which also mounts to the subframe with two M12 and two M14 bolts for added strength. And I know it's not an issue with the speed version, but the hole to replace the oil filter is large enough to not have to take the undertray off the car to change the oil. It also keeps more rain/snow/dirt out of the engine bay, while still keeping/exceeding factory airflow levels.

Good news on the clearance, my oem tray acted like a giant brake last winter when the snow was thick...and I'm not much lower than stock, it really dips low.

Back