bnr stage two

fatspeed6

Contributor
:
06 speed6
Could anyone with a stage 2 bnr turbo explain to me the proper vaccum and boost pill placement, im just going in circles trying to figure this thing out

The required pill should have come with the turbo. It goes in the hose from the big nipple on the compressor housing to the boost control solenoid.

this is precisely what is confusing me. The pill did come with new turbo.the new wastgate has one opening, and the factory one had two going out of it. How am i supposed to run this out of the factory solenoid? Unless i am confused about which part is the solenoid; im assuming it is the piece that has two vaccum fittings on the bottom and i electronic connection on top that bolts onto the factory turbo.

this is precisely what is confusing me. The pill did come with new turbo.the new wastgate has one opening, and the factory one had two going out of it. How am i supposed to run this out of the factory solenoid? Unless i am confused about which part is the solenoid; im assuming it is the piece that has two vaccum fittings on the bottom and i electronic connection on top that bolts onto the factory turbo.

Ok, I get it now. Yes the solenoid (BCS) is as you describe. The OEM boost control is a "bleed" type where the solenoid opens to bleed boost from the WGA to allow the turbo to make more boost than spring pressure would allow. The OEM WGA has 2 ports to allow this to happen. The BNR WGA has only one port for "interrupt" boost control where the solenoid opens and closes to either let the boost to the WGA or just block it from the WGA altogether.

You can set up the OEM BCS to run the BNR WGA in "bleed" mode if you really want to keep the OEM BCS. Here's how:

1) There are 2 hoses on the OEM WGA. The larger hose on the bottom of the WGA is the main boost hose from the turbo. Disconnect this old hose from both ends and set it aside.

2) The smaller hose on the OEM WGA goes to the OEM BCS boost port. Disconnect this old hose from both ends and set it aside. Leave the other hose on the OEM BCS connected. It goes from the OEM BCS to the TIP nipple and is the "bleed" hose to vent the excess air back into the engine.

3) Now you connect a new hose (with the BNR supplied pill in it) from the BNR turbo nipple straight to the BNR WGA. Then cut it and install a "T" into it.

4) Now connect a new hose from the "T" to the open OEM BCS boost port. Note the other BCS (bleed/vent) port hose should still be connected to the TIP and should remain there.

I recommend 7/32" hose for the new connections.

This "bleed" setup will work with the BNR turbo, but I strongly recommend an aftermarket EBCS like the Perrin set up to "interrupt" mode for best boost control.....

Thank you for the response that was exactly what i was looking for i really appreciate you getting back to me so fast, hopefully when others are looking for this info they find this thread.

Back