DashHawk+StandBack

Navy_Mech2

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Hey i was wondering if anyone running the standback tuner also has a dashhawk and if the dashhawk displays the correct info since the standback alters the values that the ECU sees.

never thought about this... the friends of mine that run the standback go with analog gauges, no obd2 port connection stuff.

so in terms of ECU value reporting, no idea.
now im curious.

Yes, the Dashhawk reports from the ECU, so whatever the ECU sees, the Dashhawk displays. Now, the SB clamps the MAP sensor output to less than the actual value, so the OEM ECU max boost settings don't activate fuel cut, so the boost reading will stop at whatever the MAP clamp is set to.

Otherwise it reports accurately.

Yea that sucks...running an analog boost gauge with a dashhawk is gonna look stoopid.

lol, not if they wanna read live boost, while also monitoring 4 other parameters.

thanks forzda, i knew the DH worked with cobb ap tuning, so good info about the standback too!

Yea that sucks...running an analog boost gauge with a dashhawk is gonna look stoopid.

I think it will be just fine..... I've modified it a bit since these photos to close the bin about 1/2 way so you can see the DH, but not the rest of the bin inside.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 757
eh, i dont like it. But its your car not mine lol. i did wanna put the DH on the column though...I think im just gonna get the lotek tripple pod and throw prosport gauges in it. Especally since they just came out with a wideband gauge.

eh, i dont like it. But its your car not mine lol. i did wanna put the DH on the column though...I think im just gonna get the lotek tripple pod and throw prosport gauges in it. Especally since they just came out with a wideband gauge.

Beware the Procrap gauges.....

elaborate...i havent heard anything bad about them

The electronic versions have many problems from simple inaccuracy to failed senders.

If you search the mazda forum(s) you will find lots of info on them. They are the cheapest for a reason.... That's not to say yours will certainly fail, but something to keep in mind when purchasing gauges.

IMO, Autometer makes the "best" gauges, but maybe because I've used them for ~50 years with no problems makes me a bit biased.

hmm. i had read about some people's sensors crapping out. But the ones i read about had theirs mounted in the engine bay and got wet which i assume is what made them fail. I had planned on mounting mine in the cabin anyhow.

I cant argue with your stance on autometer either, but they dont have any decently priced gauges that match the interior. not to mention im trying to find companies that make widebands so the style of the gauges are similar. Im not a big fan of mismatched stuff like that.

......I cant argue with your stance on autometer either, but they dont have any decently priced gauges that match the interior. not to mention im trying to find companies that make widebands so the style of the gauges are similar. Im not a big fan of mismatched stuff like that.

Yeah, I understand.

Back