Taller Tire

Has anyone switched to a tire w/a little more sidewall? Maybe a 60 series? I don't want to go any wider, but just a couple inches taller.

BTW this is for a 2007 GT AWD.

Thanks

Thanks Ceric, I have an 07 GT AWD w/stock tires. I would like a little more sidewall and maybe even ground clearance. I will be towing/launching my boat w/this vehicle...so the ground clearance might keep the tailpipes dry.

I am sure many none-GT owners would love to trade their 18" tire/wheels for your 20".

zipinitaly,
is your intention to raise the ground clearance?
245/60R18 and 245/50R20 have nearly the same diameter.

My intentions are to get a little more sidewall, for ground clearance, improved ride and maybe save the tire if I were to hit a curb or something else. No, I do not want to switch to 18" wheels. I am not a big fan of low profile tires....

Another thing to consider is that with a taller tire you will have to get your speedometer adjusted...

An option I have explored briefly is "load leveling" rear shocks with an air lift to provide rear clearance. I have not found anything to date. You may also be able to get spring coil spacers which are a bit of a kluge but nonetheless reliable and might gain you an extra inch or so. They will likely make the ride a little harder and reduce overall travel. But you could gain an inch easily for $20.

Back