transaxle to driveshaft yoke torque spec?

mazdadiy

I'm losing "pto" oil from inside the yoke that attaches to the frontmost joint of the driveshaft on a 2008 AWD CX-9. I've pulled the driveshaft off the yoke and found the nut to take barely over 10 ft. lbs. to tighten it further. It's letting oil seep past it and sling out between the the two mounting surfaces. I've looked all over and cannot find a torque spec. for this yoke retaining nut. Anyone have access to these specifications? Thanks alot, Ryan

Last edited:
The Workshop manual lists the torque of those bolts as 37-42 ft-lb.
(same for bolts on both ends of drive shaft)
To be sure, send me a PM with an e-mail address, I will send you the page I found.

Thanks alot Ceric, we'll see if it'll hold oil longer this time being tightened to spec.

If anyone else sees this, I'd either pull the plug and check your pto oil on an awd cx-9 or make dang sure your mechanic checks it. The owners manual doesn't say anything about checking it although they do say what oil to put back in. Our oil was obviously quite low at 60,000 mi. w/ this leak but almost as importantly it was very dirty and the magnetic fill plug had quite a lot of crap stuck to it.

Back