Cobp AP (cant read ECU)

zzoomer11

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
I have a Cobb Accessport and have had it since mid February without any issues.

I have the pro-tune program and have had my launch control set at 5500 because i had warranty.

I just hit 50,000 miles and no longer have warranty so i plugged my accessport into the computer to change my LC rpm.

After i changed it and unplugged the AP i proceeded to plug it into my car to change the map.

When i hit "change map" it says "Cannot connect to ECU, turn the key to off then back to on and try again" or something like that.

i do that and it still doesnt work, and no when i view what map i have on the car it says unknown map.

what should i do!?

did you update your ap? i believe the last verson had that problem some of the time and the new firmware is supposed to fix that.

I'm actually also having problems connecting my AP to the ecu, and I already tried updating it and no changes.

Mine did the same thing and it was just a poor connection between the dongle and the OBD II port. We actually relocated the OBD II connector to a location behind the dash on a horizontal plane and havent had an issue since. Might try that, only thing that worked for me. I figured out it was that poor connection because if i put pressure on the dongle by pulling it toward the driver seat slightly it made good connection and worked. But any bump messed it up.

okay, i'm going to try a few things and let ya guys know how that goes.

When i store my AP i put it back in the box, in the foam surround. I do not keep the wires plugged in though. Should i do that?

And as for the poor connection. That could be it because this could have been going on for a long time without me noticing. Because the only time i plug my AP in is to monitor knock and boost..and it monitors just fine, even now it still does. It just wont connect to ECU to load maps, or uninstall .

thanks for the replys and keep them coming if you know something.

okay, i'm going to try a few things and let ya guys know how that goes.

When i store my AP i put it back in the box, in the foam surround. I do not keep the wires plugged in though. Should i do that?
IMO, if you put side to side stress on the cord too much it will eventually become a sloppy connector, like wrapping the cord around the dongle and ap without leaving any slack.
And as for the poor connection. That could be it because this could have been going on for a long time without me noticing. Because the only time i plug my AP in is to monitor knock and boost..and it monitors just fine, even now it still does. It just wont connect to ECU to load maps, or uninstall .

thanks for the replys and keep them coming if you know something.

thats weird. if it has been a continuing thing i bet you would have noticed.

Back