Who wants a free FMIC kit for their speed6 in the Los Angeles area?

BADFISH6

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6 Metallic Grey
Ive been emailing Kevin Xie from CXracing and suggested they make a fmic kit for the speed6 because they recently made one for the speed3. He agreed and they now need someone in the Los Angeles area (or anyone willing to drive there) to loan them their car for 2 days to design the kit. He said will give they guy who comes a free kit 4 to 6 weeks later (Im assuming thats R&D and production time). PM me if your interested.

nice work pushing for the FMIC. plenty of ppl piece it together, but it would be nice to just buy the kit. hopefully they get the car to test fit, i will be looking to upgrade in the coming weeks.

Lol I just bought a universal kit from CX, my intercooler is mounted and everything, but I'm looking forward to how this turns out. Someone loan them a car!

Damn.. thats outstanding... If it really is only a couple of days I am interested!

Do it.....

Also if anyone is interested in the design they said they were going to make it 4 pipes and run down the where the washer fluid reservoir is instead of over the intake manifold like their kit for the speed3. They will include a waasher fluid reservoir for relocation to the drivers side.

Do it.....

Also if anyone is interested in the design they said they were going to make it 4 pipes and run down the where the washer fluid reservoir is instead of over the intake manifold like their kit for the speed3. They will include a waasher fluid reservoir for relocation to the drivers side.

Waste of time. there really is no need to run a pipe down that side.
They already have a great core with the inlet and outlet on the same side.

My car been sitting in the garage for serveral month doing nothing..
Too bad i'm in Mass ...

You like the speed3 design better? Havent there been fitment issues?

so my buddy claudeG is doing it! i caught wind of this too late otherwise id prolly have snagged this.

would be perfect for those planning to go bigger turbo too. iz jealous!

You like the speed3 design better? Havent there been fitment issues?

i had 0 fitment issues really. a tad bit of trimming to the crash bar, more like a notch then anything else. just to bring the ic up about an inch, it sits flush with the bottom of the radiator/ac cores.
IIRC i have one of the thickest cores out of all in my car, 3.5 inches. i know you can get bigger but i dont think any ms6'er has something thicker. i think i did the least modifications with the biggest core, let me put it that way.

both pipes, and i ****** up on this, i put both pipes right beside the drivers side headlamp. i should have run the hot side down there, and the cold side on the inside of the frame, but hey... live and learn.

The core i bought was this one, here, and the only think i would change if anything would be to angle the endtanks to about 50 degrees, that would have been the absolute best fitment possible for an off the shelf intercooler. plus it has the ability to fill up the whole grille!

The speed3 kit has both endtanks on the same side... or are you just talking about a cxracing core?

i had 0 fitment issues really. a tad bit of trimming to the crash bar, more like a notch then anything else. just to bring the ic up about an inch, it sits flush with the bottom of the radiator/ac cores.
IIRC i have one of the thickest cores out of all in my car, 3.5 inches. i know you can get bigger but i dont think any ms6'er has something thicker. i think i did the least modifications with the biggest core, let me put it that way.

both pipes, and i ****** up on this, i put both pipes right beside the drivers side headlamp. i should have run the hot side down there, and the cold side on the inside of the frame, but hey... live and learn.

The core i bought was this one, here, and the only think i would change if anything would be to angle the endtanks to about 50 degrees, that would have been the absolute best fitment possible for an off the shelf intercooler. plus it has the ability to fill up the whole grille!

Im confused.. Do you have a speed6 with a custom kit and the parts came from cxracing? Running piping in front of the intake mani seems like a bad idea to me becasue the radiator fan will be blowing hot air directly on to it. Also seems like the piping could be easily crushed by engine movement.

The speed3 kit has both endtanks on the same side... or are you just talking about a cxracing core?

Im confused.. Do you have a speed6 with a custom kit and the parts came from cxracing? Running piping in front of the intake mani seems like a bad idea to me becasue the radiator fan will be blowing hot air directly on to it. Also seems like the piping could be easily crushed by engine movement.

speed 6 with a custom made by me/precision boost kit.
the pipes run right by the battery. thats about it. nothing really behind the fans.

no, i think he goes in sometime this week or next weekend.
They couldnt do it right away just cause they been really busy.

If he doesnt post updates, ill get info from him and let yall know.

claudes FMIC prototype update posted on MOCC:

ClaudeMS6 (ClaudeG on m247) said:
So I was lucky enough to stumble upon a forum on 247 a few weeks ago regarding a shop that was looking for a MS6 to make a FMIC kit on. I was fortunate enough to get in touch with the guy and I dropped my car off today so that they can make a mock fitment of the kit based off the MS3 kit they designed a few months ago.

The kit will be ready in about 6 weeks they said, but they are keeping my car for about a day just to do the mock fitment again. I will upload some pictures later, as they will be emailed to me by the owner of CXRacing that will be supplying the FMIC.

My camera was dead, oops... but I snapped some pictures with the phone and here is the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52307294@N06/

To those of you with FMICs.... any tips to get ready once I get the kit installed?

I see Chris was nice enough to update this as I was about to do... So plus 1!

And I also wanted to say according to CXRacing these kits will go on sale for the low price of $550! If we get a group buy going and I think it would be 10+ kits, (but I am unsure on kit amount because his email wasn't clear on it I will ask) it will be $500 a kit SHIPPED. If you are local in the L.A. area you can knock off $25 off of any of that and pick it up.

Please let me know if you are interested in group buy and I will set it up with CX Racing.

BTW, at the start all kits will be polished, black will be available only if 10 or more people request it and it will be an additional $40 for black.

Also sorry for not posting updates, I get really busy, and I rarely even post on MOCC... I like disappear for a couple days at a time, and all my computer was recently wiped so all my bookmarks were gone, so I will be honest when I say that I just forgot to come on here. Will be more proactive with these updates.

$500?? really i mean i can buy all that piping,core,couplers,tbolts from them and have it shipped cheaper..

i dont like how the bend and change of direction is so severe on the passenger side, and all they did was copy the way PG routed their MS3 kit on the TB side and it leaves you no room to properly run an OCC kit.

also if you have a Aftermarket Manifold you may need to change the way the piping comes off of the turbo because the heat could melt the coupler..

don't get me wrong its great for someone who isn't hands on. but i was expecting something new/different.. and that Intercooler is going to sit low like mine if left that way, most people wont like that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back