Weird studder

turboguy05

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
So recently i have notice if I step on the pedal after a quick shift just as I start to build boost my car seems to stutter for a quick second then jump right back into boost. List of mods are catback, Cobb sri, greddy bov, CS inlet pipe.

I wouldnt think the mods i have would cause any issues. I am ganna hook up boost gauge this week to see what boost goes to when this happens but until then any ideas are welcome.

its either you need to stretch the middle of you coil packs to make them longer, new spark plugs, or injector seals are going bad.

same here and setting an appt to take mine back in again, 4th time to dealer - they have been throwing parts at it for months now

i get this too. Don't think the MS3 get this do they?
if not, then can we say it isn't specific to our engine, but rather our drivetrain?

I personally suspect the AWD control system, stutters in that specific torque range when trying to actively split where the torque is going. Somehow it just cant handle that torque range too well... *shrug*

I have logged the stutter, in 6th gear at 65mph...what happens is the boost kicks in at lower RPM, the engine loads up and it knocks (I measured an 8 on my Dashhawk). Every time I stutter like this, the knock sensor is going off, I haven't done it yet without that happening.

I have logged the stutter, in 6th gear at 65mph...what happens is the boost kicks in at lower RPM, the engine loads up and it knocks (I measured an 8 on my Dashhawk). Every time I stutter like this, the knock sensor is going off, I haven't done it yet without that happening.

Yea i dont think its good to get into full boost in 6th gear at a low RPM.. :) Mine used to do it but I learned how to drive my car I dont get stutter anymore because I dont do what you just stated I downshift etc

That's kind of the point though...I wasn't flooring it either, just giving it a bit of gas to pass, and it stuttered. The boost and throttle response seem to be very sensitive at times, so the throttle position doesn't seem to match up exactly with what my foot is telling the car to do. It's not repeatable enough, and I don't have a good enough logger, to nail down all of the parameters unfortunately.

That's kind of the point though...I wasn't flooring it either, just giving it a bit of gas to pass, and it stuttered. The boost and throttle response seem to be very sensitive at times, so the throttle position doesn't seem to match up exactly with what my foot is telling the car to do. It's not repeatable enough, and I don't have a good enough logger, to nail down all of the parameters unfortunately.

what i notice, is even with my bpv in recirc i still run a bit rich at the initial power on after the shift, but im assuming thats cuz im fmic and i have those extra pipes. Then once the afr's lean out a bit it picks back up.

I had this same thing goin on, and i had my accessport tuned to keep my a/f right where i needed it and had my bpv in recirculation...than i put step colder spark plugs in and had no troubles.

Back