Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antoine

Administrator
If so, let Mazda know by VOTING & POSTING in this thread, it's that easy!

Mazda wants to know EXACTLY how many people are SERIOUSLY interested in a MAZDASPEED2 and I'm sure A LOT of people are...Especially within the Mazdas247.com Community!

Personally, I think a MAZDASPEED2 would be an instant sport compact ICON for the modern age...A light weight, quick, amazingly fun-to-drive yet affordable car with a great mpg rating, fantastic price and unbelievable tuning potential!

So VOTE NOW & hit the + Reply to Thread button to be heard, Mazda is definitely listening and while you're at it...Be sure to post your ideas on what features would make a MAZDASPEED2 truly irresistible! (drive)

Everyone's cooperation would be greatly appreciated, thank you and ZOOM-ZOOM! (rockon)

Well given that the Mazda2 reviews all state the car is a good driver, but lacks power, the Mazdaspeed2 will for sure need a power increase. Add in 4 wheel disc brakes, maybe a size up from the stock, not to mention the necessary aero bits to distinguish it, and you have one hell of a demon at the track and autoX course. I'd buy it.

Gah I'm drooling already. I have been telling my wife she wants a 2 so I can rip around in it instead of her boring corolla.

This would be the champion of all subcompacts. I need to find a mazda2 for the weekend just so I can hoon around in it to see how it feels. Throw in the mazdaspeed upgrades, and it will be KING. I am already certain there are members out here who are already have parts waiting to bolted on the mazda2 as it is.

Zoom Zoom!(drive2)(attention)

Yes, but they need to first come out with a MAZDASPEED RX-7 or 8. Not sure about 7 since it was turbo'd from factory. Me and CitizenPro would go purchase one asap or atleast I would.

The addition of a Mazdaspeed2 version would be greatly appreciated.
(iagree)

I have been eagerly awaiting the chance to test-drive the all new Mazda2.
With the Mazda2 having nearly the same power to weight ratio as my early Miata, it is bound to be a fun drive. That being said, some folks (MYSELF INCLUDED), would like to have the Mazda2 size package, but have some more spunk under the hood.
(drive2)

However there is an additional version they should consider, and that is a version that fits into Mazda's sustainable zoom-zoom program. Think of it as an Eco-speed, or Green-speed version? For this I envision a hybrid type platform, with the extra zoom provided by an electric turbo/supercharger, or even an engine assist motor that is powered completely by regen braking. This way, Mazda could use the platform as an entry into the hybrid vehicle market, but at the same time, they would not be hampered by range issues.

Mazda could make a pretty good go of it by stuffing the 2 liter MZR in there with the MX-5 internals and cams... 170 hp would be more than enough in a car as small and light as the Mazda2.

Too bad it wouldn't work from a green marketing point of view. A direct injection turbo 1.5 would be nice, but would be more expensive than a naturally aspirated 2.0.

would love to have a MS2, thats sounds so weird to say but it would be freakin awesome.. pending on how the ECU comes from the factory it would be able to take on alot of other cars and be strong against them in AutoX and in the 1/4 mile..

If they make it look awesome right out the door, aka' like the concept one I posted on the Mazda2 test drive thread. Then Ill be all over it like a fat guy at a pastry shop with a 20$ bill! But I would LOVE to see what the specs they would make it as. And a est. price to see if it is in my budget. Because it would be my DD car (since my MSP is more of a build car now) And what they would do to it? Turbo? SuperCharger? IDK... But aslong as it is sick looking and can be the fastest in its category I think we have a winner!

Oh and if Mazda is reading this... And if they are going to make them... Do what Ford did and let people drive them before they come out ;) and let me drive it for awhile! :D I would be so great-full :)

Yes, please, I need something new to piss off my parents :)
FIXED for my situation.... LOL!

And To add before I forget. MAZDA! DONT FORGET TO FORGE THE MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION!!!!!! Its not that costly I think Even if it adds a grand to the price tag its ExtremeLY worth it.

Last edited:
My fiance already knows that the Mazda2 is going to be my next car. Now if this is a go, I'll just have to save a little bit more. Zoom-zoom baby. Make it 200hp, oh s*** I already messed myself.

id say if they come out of the box with a 225 hp 2.0 liter Turbo Motor, i pray to god it isnt Direct Injection (hand) because we all know what a pain in the ass it is, especaially me. NO Top Mount intercooler, a better ecu... lol.. they'll be fine. pending all of this ill have a 300hp MS2 someday, thats just silly.

Last edited:
Back