My ETS TMIC install and first impressions

ms6DiGi

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed6
Earlier today I landed from Australia after a few weeks away from my Speed6 and decided my ETS TMIC had been collecting dust for tooooo long. I guess my motorcycle has been hogging the spotlight for the last year. I spent about an hour under the hood with my terrible handyman skills and finished the job without a hitch. Man, people who say they don't feel much of a difference and only notice the power to redline, I don't understand... It feels like a whole new car. I only drove around for a little while so far but I can absolutely feel a power increase and I couldn't be happier. Anyone who is low key with their modding and on the fence about the ETS, I definitely recommend it. For a few hundred dollars and about an hour under the hood... I can't wait to wake up get behind the wheel again

I really would like a custom FMIC kit but i think for the build im looknig at doing I want to keep as much of the stock design of the car as possible for daily driving and trip taking etc. so Im really wanting this ETS TMIC and you talking about it like that makes me want it oh so much more lol! Congrats on the install, im jelious

It really took an hour? How difficult was the install? Was it just a direct OEM intercooler swap?

it takes legit like 20-30 mins lol the only reason it takes me that long is because im usually talking and looking for sockets and what not.

Earlier today I landed from Australia after a few weeks away from my Speed6 and decided my ETS TMIC had been collecting dust for tooooo long. I guess my motorcycle has been hogging the spotlight for the last year. I spent about an hour under the hood with my terrible handyman skills and finished the job without a hitch. Man, people who say they don't feel much of a difference and only notice the power to redline, I don't understand... It feels like a whole new car. I only drove around for a little while so far but I can absolutely feel a power increase and I couldn't be happier. Anyone who is low key with their modding and on the fence about the ETS, I definitely recommend it. For a few hundred dollars and about an hour under the hood... I can't wait to wake up get behind the wheel again

Did the ETS TMIC change the sound of the engine, CAI or BOV? Are you still enjoying the TMIC? DO you notice the difference in heat soak between the ETS and the stocker?

you can notice the difference on long trips/hw runs/and some what at the track...it does get hot when you shut the car off..when we drove my ms3 up to nh and my girls ms3 up to nh my stock tmic was extremely hot and hers was still cold lol

Back