Replacing 245/50 R20 to 275/45 R20

jccd

Hello,

I need to change my OEM tires, but I would like a wider tires. I've looked arround and I've found a Yokohama ADVAN S/T V802 275/45 R20.

I would like to know if someone recomends me this kind of tire. Does it fit on my CX9?

I appreciate any feed back!!!

Hello,

I need to change my OEM tires, but I would like a wider tires. I've looked arround and I've found a Yokohama ADVAN S/T V802 275/45 R20.

I would like to know if someone recomends me this kind of tire. Does it fit on my CX9?

I appreciate any feed back!!!

I put on the Michelin 255/50/20. Plenty wide enough for me on stock rims.

Don't know anything about Advan 275/45/20

Make sure it does not rub against the front wheel wall when turned to max.

Wider tires will reduce MPG on highway. I am guessing 10% (2 mpg drop).

Tomorrow I'll be making the change of the tires.... I'll consider all your comments!!

Thank you!

I just got my new tires. I decided for the Yokohama's Parada 255/50-20 that have better performance on all seasons and higher UTQG, while the Yokohama's Avant S/T 275/45-20 fitted well but the UTQG is lower and are summer tires

Thanks again for your received comments!!!!!!!

jccd,
I am glad that you went with the 255.

When going wider w/o changing the alignment (camber), the uneven wear (inside edge of tires) may show up. With wider tires, the camber needs to be reduced slightly (closer to 0).
Most modern vehicles have small negative camber at the rear.
For CX9, it is about -0.6 to -1.0 degree.

The factory camber angle is set for 245. Going up to 275 needs some adjustment. Going 255 should be OK. Just MHO.

Last edited:
Back