CX-9 Steering pull or drift while driving or turning the steer

romie_sputra

:
cx-9 AWD GT 2009
Hi All,

I experience steering drift and pull to left or reverse while driving / accelerating my cx-9 ( 2009 GT AWD).

Steering drift also happens while do braking at same time turning the steer to left or right.

Has anyone had experience the same issue?

Thanks.

Well, do you have the Dueller tires? I noticed a lot of pull with them until I switched to Pirellis. Also not sure on your brake/rotor status. I also replaced rotors because they were warped, but pulsating is a sign of warped rotors. Oily rotors will also cause the brake pads to grap irregular, so if any tire conditioner etc. was accidentally sprayed on the rotors or pads it will cause uneven braking. If this is so, buy a can of brake cleaner.

I know this does not help much and is a shot in the dark, but keep posting and maybe a solution will come available. Some people here have complained about steering pull while driving, but not braking.

hi all, thanks for your replies.

the CX-9 is using Bridgestone R20/245/50 tyres.

I notice the steer drift is getting worse while the tyres are with less air pressure.. correcting the pressure will reduce steer drift issue but not totally remove it..

i'll try to have spooring and balancing first and see the result ..

TSB 02-003/07 "Some customers may complain that the vehicle pulls to the left or right during normal driving conditions.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure." looks like they make some wheel swaps and suspension adjustments.

Back