Failed my inspection today with Cobb AP

sand14s

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
I put my stock map back on then drove about 15 min. in it to get to the Midas, well apparently that wasn't enough, it said that my sensors were not ready. I don't know if anybody knows how long it takes for the sensors to be ready, if it will even pass with a test pipe and a stock map, or if I should unmarry it, but any input would be appreciated.

It takes a good amount of driving, cool downs and start ups to get them all ready. IM catless and passed. IMO put on 150miles with a few cold start ups and it should be ready to roll.

your sensors should pick up a fair chunk of how they need to run in only 15 miles.

hell my car has fuel trims for 4 of the 5 break points only after 7-10 km.

will it be ok in my stock map or do you think I should unmarry the Cobb AP? doesn't the cobb mess with the sensors?

Your fine on stock map. If youve tuned it the ap covers an overboost code that the machine sometimes picks up. Stock map after 50 miles should be golden

takes about 200 miles to reset the computer

yup. 100% correct.. you can only have 1 incomplete on the scanner or they will fail you, on some makes and models your allowed 2 incomplete's depending on year.

your sensors should pick up a fair chunk of how they need to run in only 15 miles.

hell my car has fuel trims for 4 of the 5 break points only after 7-10 km.

wrong.. see above.. our cars run 12 tests on itself after every ecu reset/map change, those tests have to be shown as complete ( with the exception of 1) on the OBD II scanner for it too pass..

Your fine on stock map. If youve tuned it the ap covers an overboost code that the machine sometimes picks up. Stock map after 50 miles should be golden

let see several different posts some say 15 others 50, you guys have no clue, are guessing and misleading members.. stop.

sand14s drive the car for 200 miles, then go back in for the test ill 100% guarentee you pass.

Last edited:
You're all full of s***. THIS is what the ECU needs to see to set all the OBD monitors to "Ready" so it will pass.

Attachments

• ECU Drive Cycle.jpg
    ECU Drive Cycle.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 583
You're all full of s***. THIS is what the ECU needs to see to set all the OBD monitors to "Ready" so it will pass.

wrong (in my case).. (wiggle) when mine had to be inspected i followed that book too and i still had a catalyst "not ready" after 150 miles.

the workshop manual is great, but sometimes what it says and what actually happens are totally different in some cases..

Last edited:
wrong (in my case).. (wiggle) when mine had to be inspected i followed that book too and i still had a catalyst "not ready" after 150 miles.

the workshop manual is great, but sometimes what it says and what actually happens are totally different in some cases..

Hmmm, the process for completing the drive cycles for the OBD monitors is solidly proven and works for ALL, repeat ALL, OBD monitored cars in the USA, so in your case you likely either didn't complete the process or you have a poorly functioning cat. Note that the MILES traveled has NOTHING to do with the OBD monitors completing...

Hmmm, the process for completing the drive cycles for the OBD monitors is solidly proven and works for ALL, repeat ALL, OBD monitored cars in the USA, so in your case you likely either didn't complete the process or you have a poorly functioning cat. Note that the MILES traveled has NOTHING to do with the OBD monitors completing...

i was thinking it had something to do with me having no cats at all, being that the rear O2 sensor sits in that housing to "trick" it from corksport, so it doesnt see that i have no cats and doesnt throw a CEL.

so what am I focusing on in the picture? 5.5 H of driving or it sitting without being on? i'm not real sure what i'm looking at here man. Thanks for all this input in advance btw, but I need a road trip if i'm going to get 5.5 hours of driving in these less then 2 weeks.

Last edited:
i was thinking it had something to do with me having no cats at all, ......

DOH!!!!! Well yeah! LOL You're just messin' with me! (yes) That could have just a little effect on it! The monitor expects a certain response from the cat(rear O2) to determine that it is "ready" to perform. It may indeed not set a code and remain "incomplete" for"ever". :D

so what am I focusing on in the picture? 5.5 H of driving or it sitting without being on? i'm not real sure what i'm looking at here man. Thanks for all this input in advance btw, but I need a road trip if i'm going to get 5.5 hours of driving in these less then 2 weeks.

You need to read and follow the sequence of timed events for the quickest outcome. Once again, READ the attachment and note that you don't DRIVE for 5+ hours, the car must sit OFF for the period of time.

where did i mention being complete? i said they pick up a fair amount of how the car needs to run after a small trip. i never once mentioned it being complete after 15mi...

thanks for reading only what you were thinking.

and just to prove what i said, i flashed a new map, drove 2 km and had 2 of the 5 fuel trim breakpoints. Nowhere near complete but it still was learning.

I have the same problem as the OP

I have a quick question though.

Yesterday I flashed my car with Cobb AP and went to get an inspection today and it said my sensors weren't ready, so I couldn't pass. My mechanic told me to drive 60-100 miles and then they should be ready. But my question is should I un-install (un-marry) my Cobb AP and then drive 60-100 miles so that my sensors are "ready"? or can I just leave the Cobb AP basemap and just drive 60-100 miles for the sensors to be ready?

Last edited:
no just leave it installed and drive around.

my car passes inspection with my tune on it year after year.

the AP itself will not affect anything unless you have CEL's turned off which sets some sensors to not ready, but you probably don't have this because you'd have to know that you did it.

Sorry but Mine never has that problem and I have no cats :) then again I dont have cobb

Then what do you have to tune your setup? I'm thinking of getting an AP but am overwhelmed by the amount of information as to how the hardware and software (may) interact.

Back