Fuel Fixes for The MS6

HighSpeed

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Hello everyone,
I am looking at getting an MS6 when I return from deployment. I currently own a MSP with 162xxx on it and it has been a rock solid car other than some known issues. I have had the car since 40xxx and have hardly done any work on the car other than maintenance. The experience with the MSP has givin me faith in Mazda. I would like to get an MS6 but had some questions about the fuel system. I tried searching but got nothing of substance. My questions are:

1. How does the fuel system work?
2. I have seen 0 upgrades for the fuel injectors, are there any?
3. I plan on making 350+whp, I know the bottom end will take it but what about fuel?

I am a noob to the MS6 but I was also a noob to MSP's and now I have rebuilt the transmission, timing belt, mounts, maintenance...etc. all myself. I have been into DSM's for years and Love AWD, but I am getting older now and do not want another DSM. I don't want and EVO either because they are over played and kinda ricey for a 30 year old with 2 girls and a wife. So the plan is to stay Mazda. Even my wife is getting a CX9, so the driveway will be nothing but Beauty, hopefull with 2 mazdaspeed cars, and a flagship SUV. Thanks in advance.

what????? you act like it has never been done! do some google searches or youtube because you obviously dont know what you are talking about.

is there anyone else with a more useful post than this guy?

there are a few companies trying to figure are fuel system out beyond just putting in a new cam driven pump such as CP-E's or PTP's, and also those 2 companies are the ones trying.. there are internals and pumps on the market from both of them, PTP's Pump/Internals have been known for failing and dropping pressures, while ive not heard of anyone whos had an issues with CP-E's upgraded pump, PTP is investing alot of time in injectors/seals/crowsfeet. but they cant seem to get past the seals popping once you go over 400 HP. im going to pm you and my pm will point you in the right direction where you can view a plethora of information on this.

ajv915 quit talking out your ass.. there are tons of people that are over 350 AWHP on our motors.. (upbum)

The new Porsche A91 family of engines is direct injected with injectors capable of 120 bar (~1740psi). The issue with the stock Mazda injectors is the volume capacity. A lot of people confuse that with pressure. I honestly don't know what the capacity of the Porsche injectors are, or how much rework would need to be done to use them.

Looking in the VW or Porsche direction is one of the only ways you can go at this point. Good luck!

thanks for the info guys......

I knew there was some confusion on how the fuel systems work. Thats alot of PSI for a fuel system! It seems that if someone could work out the injector issue that it could unlock the key to really making alot of power out of the 2.3. it is good to know that 350whp is obtainable.

Back