How To: Flex Innovations Grounding Kit

BoostedSpd6

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed 6
In order to maximize performance from this kit on your MS6, it should be installed as pictured and described below.

Tools needed:
3/8” Ratchet
3/8” short extension
8mm Short Socket
10mm Short Socket or Ratcheting Wrench
12mm Short Socket or Ratcheting Wrench
6 short wire ties

Step 1: Layout all the wires on the ground or on a Towel and take notice that all of them are different lengths.

Step 2: Unbolt the positive and negative terminals on your battery, keep them seperated

Step 3: Take the Smallest Length Wire and run it from the Battery Tie down Bolt to the Negative Terminal on your battery, I just let the line sit near the Negative Terminal while I routed the other wires.

FlexInnovationsHowTo001.jpg

Step 4: Unbolt the Top left TB bolt, it’s an 8mm, and run the Shortest of the 2 Longer Length wires from their to the Negative Terminal, Reinstall the TB Bolt and tighten accordingly. Should look something like this once done

Note: If your running the stock TMIC, it may be easier for you too use your Bottom Left Throttle Body Bolt instead of the Top One

FlexInnovationsHowTo002.jpg

Step 5: Unbolt the Top Right Power Steering Pump Bolt, it’s a 12mm and install the Longest Length Wire here, you can route this wire anyway you want I ran mine under the Intake Manifold but it is not necessary to do that. While you’re doing this take the last wire and Run it from the PS Pump Bolt to the nut pictured On the body. Should look something like this once done

FlexInnovationsHowTo003.jpg

FlexInnovationsHowTo004.jpg

FlexInnovationsHowTo005.jpg

Step 6: Bolt down all 3 grounding wires to your negative terminal on your battery. Should look something like this.

FlexInnovationsHowTo007.jpg

Step7: Reinstall your Positive Terminal on your battery, use the wire ties to clean up the placement of them, ill leave that up to you guys where you want them to be routed and placed,

here's my routing

BlowThruMAF004-1.jpg

Step 8: Enjoy!!!

this is pretty straight forward, and can be easily done in under 15 minutes. All newer model cars Live off of grounds, including ours so this kit is an awesome addition to your mod list, and the variety of colors FI provides is awesome as well..

Link to The FI site where you can purchase this kit

http://www.flex-innovations.com/new_page_2.htm

What this kit was designed to do :

- reduces noise in the electrical system. This noise could potentially cause the internal engine sensors to read falsely, and lead to a suboptimal state.

- the car ran smoother with less stumbling with this kit installed

- using a multimeter to test the engine before/after grounding, there was a slight improvement.

- maybe a HP increase of 2-5 HP, but i did not dyno my car before this and after this kit was installed so there is no way to tell, but other platforms have seen slight increases.

- improved ECU signals and throttle response resulting in better performance and reduction in flat spots

- Better lighting performance,often times it helps sustain brighter output, especially under electrical load they dont dim as much, sometimes at all.

Last edited:
All newer cars live off of grounds.. but from the factory they are poorly grounded for the most part..

- reduces "noise" in the electrical system. This noise could potentially cause the internal engine sensors to read falsely, and lead to a suboptimal state.

- the car ran "smoother" with "less stumbling" with this kit installed

- using a multimeter to test the engine before/after grounding, there was a slight improvement.

- maybe a HP increase of 2-5 HP, but i did not dyno my car before this and after this kit was installed so there is no way to tell, but other platforms have seen slight increases.

- improved ECU signals and throttle response resulting in better performance and reduction in flat spots

just to name a few

added this info to first post..

THANKS so much for the write up meng!
ill be chatting with you soon about getting the write-up to more places.

also, let me know if FI has responded to it yet.
If not, let me know i can talk directly to the owner.
100% spot on well written, and just a note on additional benefits... lighting!!! often times it helps them sustain brighter output, especially under electrical load they dont dim as much, sometimes at all. Performance wise, i have felt the throttle response has been the BEST improvement, love how much it reduces the delay. :D

THANKS so much for the write up meng!
ill be chatting with you soon about getting the write-up to more places.

also, let me know if FI has responded to it yet.
If not, let me know i can talk directly to the owner.
100% spot on well written, and just a note on additional benefits... lighting!!! often times it helps them sustain brighter output, especially under electrical load they dont dim as much, sometimes at all. Performance wise, i have felt the throttle response has been the BEST improvement, love how much it reduces the delay. :D

ill be putting an email together tonight and sending it over to FI.. ill link them to this site as well.

forgot about the lighting thing, added that to the first post.

Based on advice (thanks BoostedSpd6), I have changed some wires. It looks nice.

4788450111_b01956ed8a_b_d.jpg

4789085820_0064531504_b_d.jpg

4789092274_b804ff926b_b_d.jpg

I connected this one to the bottom bolt of the throttle body.
4788468103_fc4c7ed891_b_d.jpg

thats a BINGO!!! :D nice job man..

for all you stock intercooler guys like Funkster it is easier for you to use your Bottom Thorttle Body Bolts then the top ones, ill add that info in the OP

edit: sent an email to Flex Innovations about getting this walkthrough/how to posted on the site for the MS6 users who dont frequent the forum.

Last edited:
bamp, after months, then leaving the country for a month...
people are telling me they are still honoring the group buy prices.

insane! bumpy

Back