20" summer tires?

l-miwa

:
Mazda CX-9
Anyone with experience with any of the following?

Continental CrossContact UHP
Michelin Latitude Diamaris
Yokohama ADVAN S.T.

These are all considered summer sport truck tires. I have a set of winter tires/rims, so I'm not concerned about snow/ice performance. I'd be getting them in size 255/50/20.

Anyone with experience with any of the following?

Continental CrossContact UHP
Michelin Latitude Diamaris
Yokohama ADVAN S.T.

These are all considered summer sport truck tires. I have a set of winter tires/rims, so I'm not concerned about snow/ice performance. I'd be getting them in size 255/50/20.

I-miwa, check your PM for a copy of this posting. I decided to post it here also to share with everyone.

I used to have those exact Continental's on my original 18" OEM wheels prior to upgrading to a set of brand new OEM 20" wheels with the Duelers. My opinion now that I have been driving on my 20" wheels with the Duelers is that the Contis have a better feel when cornering and just feel a bit more tight and precise (not harsh) then the Duelers. The Duelers feel a bit "gummy" and sloppy. I think that when I have to replace my Duelers I will go with a set of Contis if they make the size because I really enjoyed the supple ride when cruising and the sporty feel when going around curves in the hilly areas.

Also, I have noticed that the Duelers love to howl when pushed in some spirited driving situations, something the Contis never did. The Contis did wear out at about 20K miles, I probably could have pushed them another 5-7K miles before replacing but I ran into this killer deal on some new OEM 20" wheel with tires that I wanted. All in all, I do not think the premature tire wear is due to poorly built tires but constitutes more to the weight, dynamics, and suspension geometry of the CX-9 and in Mazda's overall. My previous Mazda5 also ate tires like crazy, so I think it is the Zoom Zoominess that is engineered into every Mazda out there that makes the tires wear out faster then say the "ho-hum" Camry, Accord, and other non-Zoom Zoom vehicles.

Bottom line, I think you will definately feel an improvement and will enjoy a set of these Contis, not to mention they are a bit cheaper then the highly praised Yokohamas.

Hope this helps you.

Back