How to change headlight (low beam)...Help.

:
MazdaSpeed3 07
As simplistic as changing the low beam headlight sounds to many of you, I'm having a hard time finding any threads on this. I unplugged the connector to the low beam light but don't know how to pull it out after that step.

Can someone please shed some light? Thanks.

I was hoping someone might jump in. I looked at mine and it looks like the nose will have to be taken off the car to get to the back of the lamp housing. (shocked)

My friend helped me replace the bulb. It turns out you can squeeze your hand in there and do it all without removing the front bumper. There's a rubber boot that you have to remove to access the bulb. Once the boot is off, you have to get a (short) phillips screwdriver and loosen them to remove two wires. I really couldn't see anything because he was just going by his senses to do the job. It's too tight to see what is actually behind that boot, unless you have a mirror, which of course, we didn't.

Just replaced my low beam on my 2008 cx-7 and had a couple of comments. I did take off the wheelwell cover. It made it much easier. After pulling off the rubber boot there is a spring that latches into place. If I could have seen this from the top I probably could have released the spring without having to go through the wheelwell. Figuring out how to release the spring from the latch was a pain. It hooks in around where the spring forms a loop. You have to push it down then over. Get the boot and plug wire out of the way before trying to release the spring. This will give you a bit better view of the assembly. Once out the bulb comes right out.

It was such a PITA that I decided to leave the drivers side low beam alone untill it goes out. Hopefully that won't.

Back