Cobb AP dyno's

buttons

:
Mazdaspeed 6
Has anyone played with this feature on their cobbs?

I just tried it today and did back to back runs.

Current setup:
Fujita CAI, cobb <ACRONYM title="Cobb Access Port">ap</ACRONYM> stage 2 TIHfucai 93 ots map, custom 3" cat back exhaust, 3" race pipe. weighed 3630 with me and 1/4 tank of gas last summer.

set weight to 3629lbs, 3000-6000rpm run. I show 262.8hp at 5750rpm and 284tq@3750rpm. i did back to back runs and both came out equal except the 2nd run my tq was a tad lower. then i did a data log twice. I realize the data log and dyno not being exact same runs could change a lot but still figured it was better then no data logging.

Ambient temp = 71F
AFR = 11.17 at 5700rpm
Boost = 15.8psi at 5700 rpm
spark advance = 8 at 5700rpm
boost intake temp = 111F

Yeah? i saw someone posted a thead at mazdaspeed forums and with similar mods to me he got 362 or something, except he had a speed 3. My results seem fairly realistic but probably a tad high.

The issue with their usefulness is that it is nearly entirely dependent on weight transfer and gearing. If you were on a race kart without suspension and took off it would probably register as next to nothing. If you were in an old Miata it might register extremely high.

Does that mean that the AP is equipped with an accelerometer to measure acceleration forces? I don't see how else that this could be done, but also would be a very rough estimate/calculation since road grade/wind/temp/air pressure would not be accounted for. I'm just curious how the AP measures this HP/TQ number regardless of accuracy.

its probably a rough calculation based off of the calculated load and mass air flow (g/s)

Back