Cobb AP Maps on www.mzdspd.com

I noticed today that the map "Stage2+MSCAI 93" targets 19.5psi while the same map with the turbo inlet, "Stage2+TIHMSCAI 93" targets only 18psi. Now, the first map indicates either stock or cat-back exhaust, while the other requires a high-flow cat. I would have thought that the map with a TIH and high flow cat would be a more aggressive one than just the cold air intake with possibly a stock exhaust system. Can anyone explain these differences?

i'm bumpin this up cause i to, was wondering where these maps come from. i use a map from that website and it runs great. but, i'm still curious.

they are maps that users tested for christian from cobb that he gave to me to host.

ah, thats right. i forgot bova had something to do with this. you sent me the link a long time ago when i first got my ap.

still doesnt answer the op's question. the map i use said it peaked less boost than my previous map. but my gauge still shows roughly the same.

Just a stab in the dark here.... If adding the TIP increases the Volumetric Efficiency, then perhaps slightly less boost is required to hit the same load targets. That is, the aftermarket TIP is allowing air to flow more freely into the system (increasing VE), so you don't have to "Jam" as much air in (boost) to get the same amount air into the engine. Just a thought.. could be way off here.

i also was thinking it had something to do with efficiency and the load targets. i'm not sure if the turbo inlet pipe would be reasoning. i was thinking free-er flowing exhaust.

Just a stab in the dark here.... If adding the TIP increases the Volumetric Efficiency, then perhaps slightly less boost is required to hit the same load targets. That is, the aftermarket TIP is allowing air to flow more freely into the system (increasing VE), so you don't have to "Jam" as much air in (boost) to get the same amount air into the engine. Just a thought.. could be way off here.

but the car still has to suck in the same amount of air to presurize the stock system...

it has to do with how the maf is calibrated. if its calibrated differently between the maps then the fuel trims will be off, this will affect the load thus affecting the amount of boost you see.

humm...

well then just out of curiosity, how would the same map boost 16 psi for me, and hold 19 psi for someone else with similar mods? yet i hold about the same air fuel ratio.

but the car still has to suck in the same amount of air to presurize the stock system...

I was thinking after the system is pressurized... again, just a shot in the dark tho.

humm...

well then just out of curiosity, how would the same map boost 16 psi for me, and hold 19 psi for someone else with similar mods? yet i hold about the same air fuel ratio.

Well, according to Bova, if you're MAF calibrations were very different, that could explain it. That is, assuming you both calibrated your MAFs differently (which is likely) or one did and the other did not, this would affect load, boost, etc.. as he said. I have no clue how much a 2% difference in MAF volts would translate to load and boost wise, however, I've seen my OL/WOT afrs run super rich when I over-calibrated the MAF by that much by mistake (made it too rich in the upper voltages).

I was thinking after the system is pressurized... again, just a shot in the dark tho.

Well, according to Bova, if you're MAF calibrations were very different, that could explain it. That is, assuming you both calibrated your MAFs differently (which is likely) or one did and the other did not, this would affect load, boost, etc.. as he said. I have no clue how much a 2% difference in MAF volts would translate to load and boost wise, however, I've seen my OL/WOT afrs run super rich when I over-calibrated the MAF by that much by mistake (made it too rich in the upper voltages).

nono, like he was nice enough to actually send me the exact map he is using.

I'm running boost based map from Frozda, and we have similar mods, and we're both running the Perrin ebcs in "interrupt mode." However, he was able to run the OTS wgdc values for the most part, and hits his target boost perfectly. I had to tweak the wgdc tablel quite a bit, and I WAS getting there, until the Perrin crapped out last week. I'm hoping I just got unlucky and had a faulty solenoid, which was causing the extra tuning, but I doubt it. Perrin redesigned the ebcs, but it doesn't make much of a difference on other platforms (like a 2% decrease in wgdc). I've got the upper end reduced by 13% already, and I'm still over-shooting my targets :/

I think the variances when people have similar mods, but different load/boost/etc... MAY be related to when their ECU was manufactured, and what (if any) dealer ECU flashes have been performed.

doesn't matter if you are running the same exact map. no 2 cars respond the same, and i doubt your setups are exactly the same. and don't forget that weather and elevation will cause your maf calibration to also be different. you have to look at the big picture, not every car will be the same. also make sure you don't have any kind of boost leaks.

Essentially if you haven't calibrated your MAF sensor properly, you might as well start over. That is step 1.

I'm running boost based map from Frozda, and we have similar mods, and we're both running the Perrin ebcs in "interrupt mode." However, he was able to run the OTS wgdc values for the most part, and hits his target boost perfectly. I had to tweak the wgdc tablel quite a bit, and I WAS getting there, until the Perrin crapped out last week. I'm hoping I just got unlucky and had a faulty solenoid, which was causing the extra tuning, but I doubt it. Perrin redesigned the ebcs, but it doesn't make much of a difference on other platforms (like a 2% decrease in wgdc). I've got the upper end reduced by 13% already, and I'm still over-shooting my targets :/

I think the variances when people have similar mods, but different load/boost/etc... MAY be related to when their ECU was manufactured, and what (if any) dealer ECU flashes have been performed.

true.

doesn't matter if you are running the same exact map. no 2 cars respond the same, and i doubt your setups are exactly the same. and don't forget that weather and elevation will cause your maf calibration to also be different. you have to look at the big picture, not every car will be the same. also make sure you don't have any kind of boost leaks.

exactly the same no, but i am behind in only the catback section.
boost leaks are a no because i have checked and double checked when i installed my fmic. and going from stock to fmic the levels only changed by half a psi on the stage 1 map i was still running.

Essentially if you haven't calibrated your MAF sensor properly, you might as well start over. That is step 1.

if i run 11.59 all the way up to 6500 should i not keep that as a base? i dont want to start tuning from a lean map.

if i run 11.59 all the way up to 6500 should i not keep that as a base? i dont want to start tuning from a lean map.

If the calibration of your input is not precise, everything in the process downstream of that will be off as well.

true.

exactly the same no, but i am behind in only the catback section.
boost leaks are a no because i have checked and double checked when i installed my fmic. and going from stock to fmic the levels only changed by half a psi on the stage 1 map i was still running.

doesn't matter if everything is the same there will still be some differences, (ie the gas you fill up with, the weather outside, your elevation, do your filters have the same amount of dirt molecules on them (lol), is your maf sensor clean or dirty, are you running a catch can or not, etc....). i suggest calibrating your maf and adjusting this stuff yourself. don't expect ots maps to be the end all.

what are your ltft?

doesn't matter if everything is the same there will still be some differences, (ie the gas you fill up with, the weather outside, your elevation, do your filters have the same amount of dirt molecules on them (lol), is your maf sensor clean or dirty, are you running a catch can or not, etc....). i suggest calibrating your maf and adjusting this stuff yourself. don't expect ots maps to be the end all.

what are your ltft?

94 octane, ~15 degres celsius. 2192 ft elevation, they might... (pow), clean, no.

when i first flashed my car it was -7%, now tonight on my way home i will check.

will playing with the maf tables affect how my car boosts? thats what i am unclear on.

yes it will, if you read the cobb documentation it says it will because it affects the load tables which are actually what controls boost not the boost tables.

humm. i must have missed that, there is a s*** load of paper to read there.

STFT's hovered between +/- 2.5 the entire drive home.

LTFT's were way out, stopped -16%, with cruise at 70 mph -9% part throttle acceleration -7%

wow, really do need to adjust my maf. time to scale it back.

Back